No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    It was my birthday today and I had a small NBI of a tablet of Lily of the Valley soap. I also had a Lily of the Valley fragranced drawer liner put in a card.
    My Mum grew lilies of the valley and always picked some for the house for my birthday when I was living at home. These two gifts were a lovely reminder of her, and those giving them were unaware of how special the flower is to me. :)
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mcculloch29
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    kadison wrote: »
    Hello all! I've got a bit of news.....I'M ENGAGED!

It was my birthday on Saturday and I went shopping with friends then me and the fiancee (hehe!) went out to Oxford on Sunday and he proposed! Still hasn't entirely sunken in I don't think.....

That's a birthday you'll never forget! Many, many congratulations. Delighted for you. xxx
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • kadison ...... congratulations and happy birthday. Best wishes on the engagement!

mcculloch ......... happy birthday and enjoy the gifts
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,971
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Madison and And belated birthday greetings to you both.

Madison congrats on your engagement, lovely news:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Kadison & And - happy birthday and congratulations on your engagement Kadison.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Kadison - Congrats and belated Happy Birthday
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mcculloch - Happy Birthday for Yesterday
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone!
    Kadison - Congratulations how exciting!! Was it a big surprise?
    And - happy birthday glad you got a thoughtful gift, it's amazing how certain smells can be so familiar and comforting

I haven't got much movement on toiletries front after my recent flurry of UUs and ins, but my freebie Nude serum is nearly done with. I can't decide about it my skins been ok lately apart from some big hormonal spots on jawline, and it has good reviews, but it just doesn't feel very nice to use. Probably will try something else next, as guessing it is expensive too so needs to be wow! Oskia serums get a good reputation and I love their cleanser so might try that, or perhaps something cheaper like hylamide.
  • mcculloch29
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Latest NBI - Maybelline Big Shot Mascare
    Hmm. This is ok-ish, I couldn't give it three stars for OK as that is seen as being critical, and it's not THAT bad, just not wow. It clumped from the word go though, and dried very quickly so I very much doubt if this will last very long.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,818
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    kadison wrote: »
    Hello all! I've got a bit of news.....I'M ENGAGED!

It was my birthday on Saturday and I went shopping with friends then me and the fiancee (hehe!) went out to Oxford on Sunday and he proposed! Still hasn't entirely sunken in I don't think.....

Wow Congratulations. The proposal sounds very romantic. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family