No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    InaPickle wrote: »
    Hi ladies! :wave:

I've UU another Corsodyl Daily Mouthwash and cracked open a new one.

I hope you are all well. Sorry to read and run but I have had an awful day and I'm playing catch-up with myself.

Good to see you again, Pickle, and sorry that you have had such a carp day.

I really like the Olay eye cream, I use, I do think it minimises dark circles, but I don't use foundation most days, so it doesn't have anything coloured to contrast with, if that makes sense. Also it could be that my eyesight isn't what it was... :D

I've got an Am@zon gift card to spend and was wondering if I could spend it on anything toiletry related. I honestly can't think of a thing I need. Serum, perhaps, next month, but my HG one is from A!di... so that's a bit of a no brainer.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    One UU tonight:

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil sample WMB. I received a DHC sample pack with an Escentual order and I finally remembered to try this. This was nice as a first cleanse, I may purchase the small size of this in a few months. The only off putting thing about this is the smell. A bit weird but I got used to it.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I have a couple of uu

Balance Me Expression Filler 15ml - I used this as eye cream and didn't really see that it filled in any fine lines more than anything else I use so WNB (this one came in a beauty box) but would happily use again.

Yarden Dead Sea Bath Salts with Frankincense
    - I love the smell of these but they have stupid little dried rose petals in which turn into little slimy things in the bath - WNBA for that reason only.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,818
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Updated PP List for May:-

[STRIKE]Boots Extracts Mango body scrub
    Liz Earle Lavender and Basil hand repair
    [STRIKE]Mandara Spa body butter
    Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean
    Boots acetone nail polish Remover
    [/STRIKE]Liz Earle Skin Repair moisturiser (night cream)
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]Tarte foundation [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE][STRIKE]Diamond resort body lotion[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]

The Tarte foundation was finished this morning. WPNBA. Though I love the colour and coverage the delivery system bugs me.

New PP List

Kind Natured shampoo
    Kind Natured conditioner
    Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Lo-Fi blush
    Loccitane 10ml original shea hand cream
    Benefit Goofproof eyebrow pencil
    Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creme de Nude
    L'occitane Almond Shower Oil
    Boots Extracts Peppermint body butter
    Boots No 7 facial wipes
    Pureology Red hair oil

5 by Summer.

Have decided to use this as a kind of project polish too and keep swapping in old colours.

No7 eyeshadow. One of the teeny ones that come with GWP. - still going strong. Quite like this. Nice and shimmery.

Kat Von D eyeliner - still going strong! Surely must be finished by the end of the challenge? - dare I say it that I'm getting a bit bored of this now!

Urban Decay Vice eyeliner. This will be my fail I thinka as I'm concentrating too much on the KVD one above.

The Body Shop Amazonian Lily perfume. An inch of product left. I keep using it as room spray too. Want this to be gone by 20 June. If not, it will be binned

Have sold the Tarte palette so this will be sent off today.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Two more uu for me

Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill Shower Gel 500ml - lovely scent which is very similar to CK Eternity which I love. Long lasting fragrance too.

Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill Body Lotion 500ml - WBA as above, lovely to use and absorbs well.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I've been really M.I.A lately - mostly because I've been at work a lot (last week was 6days and 45+hours) and when I've not been at work I've been feel really down and burnt out. I've mostly been asleep or eating biscuits. Not ideal!! Need to sort myself out and eat better and sleep better but I feel really stuck.

Anyway I did succum to the SpaceNk GWP but I rationalise this by the fact I had UU so much stuff and genuinely needed cleansers.

UU:
    Lush angels on bare skin WBA this is nice (can't remember if I logged this already!)
    Lush dream cream WBA again nice lovely and rich
    Alpha H Liquid Gold - WBA kind of thing that feels weird/doesn't do anything when you put it on but I feel it does improve condition and radiance
    Bobbi Brown foundation stick - WBA lasts ages and wears well on face, really made this lady scraping out all the product left in the plastic bit that holds the stick of foundation.

Ins:
    Oskia renaissance cleansing gel
    Omorovicza cleansing balm
    Mini omorovicza mist
    Hourglass foundation stick
    Body scrub (forget the brand)
    Then lots and lots of other freebies including a full size cleanser I am really liking (yes I know I'm sorted for a while but I like to use a mixture of them!) will try to list another time.
  • pirateyqueen
    pirateyqueen Posts: 463
    First Post
    Forumite
    3 outs and 3 ins, leaving no change to my numbers as usual!

OUT
    • OST C20 Vitamin C serum – HG, already repurchased
    • Queen Helene Mint julip mask WBA, cheap and works well
    • The Ordinary 2% retinol – WNBA. Gutted about this as I really wanted it to work for me, but unfortunately it gave me so many spots. I gave it a go for 3 months incase it was purging, but my skin must not like something in it. Although this is still in my cupboard I count it as a give away. I asked my OH if he wanted it as otherwise I was going to chuck it, and he said he did.

IN
    • OST C20
    • L'Oreal Detox Clay mask
    • Indeed Labs Retinal Reface.
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • mad_scientist
    mad_scientist Posts: 399 Forumite
    Hope work eases up for you soon houseplant so you have more time to look after yourself :)

Happy Monday everyone! I had a spree of UU over the weekend and still lots which should go this week

4. Mitchum roll on deodorant, HG the only deo which really stops sweaty armpits for me lol. Have one more in the stash

5. Clinique clarifying lotion no 2, WNBA it's way too harsh and feels like I'm using paint stripper :eek: It has taken me about 5 years to get through 200ml

6. L occitane lip balm tube in cocoa flower, WNBA it wasn't moisturising enough to use every day or my lips ended up feeling more dry, another LHJ

7. Avon foundation, I think it was called Almost makeup or Light makeup but when I cut the tube open I threw away the name section, doh. Threw away the last of this as it had gone a bit thick and waxy, WNBA it wasn't anything special

I am hoping to report back tomorrow with more UU, I have nearly finished my shower gel and 2 handcreams :j
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    UUs Botanics Hot cloth cleanser. Bought the same one to replace as it was half price in Boots. Really impressed with this. Takes makeup off easily/completely. Doesn't feel luxurious but can't complain, for the price.
    Max Factor Infallible Make-Up Base. Another good one, great value for money and keeps the makeup in place well. I have another one of the same.

INs - TBS Facial Masks x 2 Ethiopian Honey and Amazonian Acai. I got a free mask brush with these too. I also bought 2 Ted Baker Body lotion (75ml) each 75p on the reduced shelf. Also, Ted Baker Body spray 150ml for £3.00.

Hope all well. I will read your posts later as it is a bit busy recently :(

Off to Germany next week, looking forward to it.
    ally.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Hello all! I've got a bit of news.....I'M ENGAGED!

It was my birthday on Saturday and I went shopping with friends then me and the fiancee (hehe!) went out to Oxford on Sunday and he proposed! Still hasn't entirely sunken in I don't think.....
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills