"Application" charges on moblie bill.

I have an iPhone 5S on a SIM only contract with Orange. I usually pay about £11.26 a month and always have minutes and data unused at the end of the month. However my last bill was £28.26!More than double. I have not used my phone abroad. On inspecting the invoice, I discovered I had been charged an extra £10 for data and that £2.083 has been taken every Sunday for "Application". Rang EE and they told me it was a third party charge for a game and they could do nothing about it. I was told that even if I deleted all the games off my phone, (I do not know which one is costing), I would still get charged. Anyone know what this application charge is and how do I stop it?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2017 at 8:13PM
    I have an iPhone 5S on a SIM only contract with Orange. I usually pay about £11.26 a month and always have minutes and data unused at the end of the month. However my last bill was £28.26!More than double. I have not used my phone abroad. On inspecting the invoice, I discovered I had been charged an extra £10 for data and that £2.083 has been taken every Sunday for "Application". Rang EE and they told me it was a third party charge for a game and they could do nothing about it. I was told that even if I deleted all the games off my phone, (I do not know which one is costing), I would still get charged. Anyone know what this application charge is and how do I stop it?

We don't know which games you have on your phone, what games do you have installed ?

Contact the developers and stop the payment would be my guess.
    Whether you can reclaim any of the previous charges I don't know, its for you to try.
  • The man from EE told me BM Games was taking the money each week. Some kind of bubble bursting game? I have definitely not downloaded one of those this year and have deleted anything like it. I have never been near any sort of gambling/ bingo game.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    It is unlikely you've been billed randomly. Any grandkids who just borrowed it? That's the problem, unless you lock the keypad, it can be easily done.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    It almost certainly won't be from an app installed on an iphone, all of the charges for those are done via Apple and as far as I know the Apple App Store doens't bill to phone bills, only credit/debit cards or Apple vouchers.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The man from EE told me BM Games was taking the money each week. Some kind of bubble bursting game? I have definitely not downloaded one of those this year and have deleted anything like it. I have never been near any sort of gambling/ bingo game.

I had a quick google. It looks like "BM Games" might refer to "Bounce Mobi Games" aka "Bounce Games".

This page explains how you subscribed and how to cancel:
    http://mobilechargesupport.com/faqs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family