PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all. I had a GOOD day yesterday! Made some spicy chicken and cabbage soup and had that for lunch and dinner (no breakfast, the longer I put off eating the easier I find it to do not eat loads all day for some reason), also had a yogurt drink (tiny one) and a very creamy yogurt and a bit of the lasagne filling I made for everyone else as I couldn't resist. Lots of water too. Must have worked as the pounds had dropped off this morning (not surprised, I know it is mostly fluid loss as I was going to the loo a lot!). If I can keep it up today hopefully I will have lost my gains tomorrow and can get a head start on next week.

So far today have had a milky coffee and a plum. Only had the plum because DD started it and wouldn't eat it, hoping there wasn't too much sugar in it.
    Will have the soup for lunch and dinner again and maybe peanut butter for snacks.

Good luck everyone for WI tomorrow :)
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Hi Everyone,

Im so so shattered this morning :o and really craving sugar!!!!

I think with cutting calories, going swimming or doing the shred every day, coming to work, doing housework, washing, ironing, ebaying, visiting friends etc etc etc I have well and truely worn myself out so tonight im going home and doing no exercise and very minimal housework

Today:

B: blueberries, mini apple, greek yog, sprinkle nuts
    S: banana, nuts
    L: ham spread with garlic chesse (Idea stolen from Rose Wood thank you) with salad, melon
    S:mini apple and im afraid I have a brioche roll i intend to eat :o

Have a good day all
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Training this afternoon, so finished early - trying to put off eating just now, as my stomach thinks home time = dinner time.

B: Toast and low sugar jam
    L: ham salad sandwich, grapes
    D: Pasta with veg and passata sauce
    S: been picking at crackers to tide me over to dinner (about 10 cals a cracker)

Not going to gym this evening, as I spent 3 hours walking around the training site today (lots of stairs)
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Evening All

Don't the weeks seem to go by fast - I can't believe it's Thursday again and I'm babysitting once more.

B: None, just a coffee
    L: 2 low carb crispbreads with garlic cream cheese and cherry tomatoes. HM chocolate mousse.
    D: Spinach, mushroom and cheese pancake. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt.
    Snack: 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter. 1 finger of a Twix bar.

Exercise: 4.5 miles of fast walking. 30 lengths at the swimming pool.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    good evening
    finally sitting down after compiling myself a HUGE list of jobs to do about the place today mission accomplished though so feeling well chuffed:D

B porridge

L 2 rashers grilled toms and poached egg
    D weight watchers wrap with LO bolognese rolled in it
    1/2 tin spaghetti
    S 1/2 bag beetroot crisps gonna have a couple of crackers and a bit of cheese

20g of cheese is TINY
    :eek: i must have had about 5oz on my crackers before i started looking at portions

Exercise did 1st of week 3 C 25K and didnt collapse
    :)
    enjoy the rest of the day
    JD xx
  • Hairy dieters - where have you been all my life?!?!

I have a couple of days next week that I haven't planned what I'm eating yet. Those pies look goooood!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    B beans and bacon
    L bananas on toast
    D pizza and salad
    E sorting house for MIL coming tomorrow
    D oops too much wobbleade. Tummy muscles still stiff from yesterday but mobility inarm much improved :T:T:T
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Morning all a STS for me which I am alittle disappointed about BUT I have started measuring myself (arms, bust, waist, belly-fatest part, hips and thighs) and have lost 2 1/2" across these areas in 2 weeks :T

So I think the old lose fat build muscle thing is actually happening as my shape has really changed and I can fit into clothes ive not worn for a loooooong time :)

I think these last 6 pounds are going to be a fight but if it takes another year to lose them then so be it as Im doing it the right way and still enjoying my food and my life :D

On a none weight loss topic I had my college results waiting on my door mat when I got home from work last night and I passed my 2 exams :j:j:j Yay me :)

Good luck all
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Scales down 2.6 in total so :):) and hopefully get my 3rd :) next week. Last sesh with personal trainer tonight then i'm on my own for a couple of months. She's going to give me a plan. Cant believe the increase in mobility in my arms. Worth every penny just for that.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all a STS for me which I am alittle disappointed about BUT I have started measuring myself (arms, bust, waist, belly-fatest part, hips and thighs) and have lost 2 1/2" across these areas in 2 weeks :T

So I think the old lose fat build muscle thing is actually happening as my shape has really changed and I can fit into clothes ive not worn for a loooooong time :)

I know what you mean, my weight has frustratingly plateaued for a while, but I think I've lost bulk, the tape measure can get that little bit further, and people have complemented me on the 'weight' I've lost in the last month. But well done on losing 2 1/2 in 2 weeks - that's absolutely fabulous!

I'm STS this week - I blame the birthday girl for feeding me cake (I can't remember when I last had cake!) and the meal out too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure