PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Thanks for the tips savesummore - nice to have some inew ideas to stop the choccy scoffing.
    Dragged myself swimming and did 50 lengths in a faster time than last time - glad I went now.

Think tomorrow its back to the Shredding.
  • mlarky
    mlarky Posts: 24 Forumite
    I have been swimming :j so trying to rescue today rather than just give up :) You are much better than me SSM - I just give up and keep going with the bad flow!
    Today has been a MUCH better day. I even got a 20 min walk in at lunchtime.
    B - yoghurt, L - ham sandwich, crisps and apple, D - mushroom risotto (with OOD mushrooms from the Sp*r - very MS), 1small piece of plum cake. Snacks - 2x cheese biscuits with small pieces of cheese and some grapes.
    Early night for me as the Olympic torch stops off from its drive:) near our spot tomorrow and DS and DD are desparate to see it. It sounds like getting along the route will be a nightmare so best have an early night and practice with the shin pads in the morning.
    Mlarky.
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,450
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning Folks

A lovely sunny morning here :) and an early start for me, got hairdresser this morning, the last before she goes on maternity leave :( . Gonna try and do my Shred session before I get ready to go into town.

Ellarose – last night’s gratin was nice but maybe because I reduced the quantities I was perhaps a bit too careful with the rosemary, although I love it on reflection I think I would have preferred basil.

Today’s Plan
    B – Beans on Toast
    L – Fruit Platter = ½ honeydew melon, nectarine, cherries, strawberries
    D - Baked Fish with oven roasted ratatouille
  • I forgot to post yesterday but I have nothing to be pleased about with it.

The day went well, only had three small meals and no snacks.

Then in the evening my fiancee twisted my arm into getting a takeaway. Which cost £20 out of my laptop fund :( and also ruined my healthy eating.

On a lighter note though we didn't have as much as we usually would so not too terrible.

Back on the good one today though :D

B - Porridge & juice
    L - Soup (or sandwich maybe)
    D - Something out of the freezer.

:-)
    Total Weight Loss Progress = -17lbs
    Money Earned Online = £108
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Trying very hard to deny myself the 8 fairy cakes which have been going stale in the tin for the past week so have told DD I'll take them for her bird table tomorrow - can't put them out here as I have two cats :(

B - spicy fruity porridge
    D - salmon steak baked in a little rf spread, lemon juice and black pepper, steamed mange tout, fine beans, petits pois, leeks. Mixed one teasp tatare sauce with 2 teasp ff yogurt to make it go further and reduce the cals. Apple
    T - Banana mashed into ff yogurt, 2 crackerbread w/marmite & marmalade
    S - melon, nectarine, grapes
    E 40 mins gym this morning, housework/gardening this afternoon. I have an assessment at the gym on Monday, the trainer is fairly sure he'll be upping my routine a little.

Enjoy the rest of the day :)
  • meow5678
    meow5678 Posts: 150
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 20 June 2012 at 3:39PM
    :wave:May I join please gang? I've been lurking for a week or so!

I'd like to lose 7lb please :)
    (I've lost 13lb so far but have started to plateau). :mad:

Is it Fridays you weigh in? M.
    FTB
    :A Saving for my first deposit :A
  • watermelon88
    watermelon88 Posts: 150 Forumite
    meow5678 wrote: »
    :wave:May I join please gang? I've been lurking for a week or so!

I'd like to lose 7lb please :)
    (I've lost 13lb so far but have started to plateau). :mad:

Is it Fridays you weigh in? M.

I'm new too lol. I just jumped on in there :-D

I think Fridays are the weigh in days.. that's the day they all did it last time anyway :-D

good luck :D
    Total Weight Loss Progress = -17lbs
    Money Earned Online = £108
  • sb88_2
    sb88_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    I'm also new to this thread! *waves at all the newbies!*

So, today I had

B: Oat bar and apricot
    L: Ham and beetroot Sandwhich ,cup of tea and custard cream at nanas (can't escape without having a buscuit!)
    D: Pasta bake and salad (currently cooking)
    Snacks: 3 Jaffa cakes!!

Exercise: Took the dogs for a walk, beatuiful day!

haven't heard back from interview yet, should hear tomorrow, apparently there's been a delay, and have another interview tomorrow!
    Wish one of them would give me a break! :)

I think alot of my eating is because I'm at home alot of the day and comfort eat on a night!
    Weightloss: 18lbs/28lbs (Start weight: 11st, Current 9st 10)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Hello to all the newbies! Nice to have you on board - I'm fairly new myself and have found lots of help and support here from the lovely ladies!

Just popped to Mr T for a few bits and pieces after reading a lot of websites last night about healthy eating and the number of cals you need to maintain or lose weight. Got lots of things that will hopefully stop me snacking on bad things - rice cakes (actually quite nice and only 30 cals), dried fruit and nuts, low cal jelly etc. Spent a fortune but it should do me a couple of weeks - will have a look in Aldi too for cheaper similar items.
    My meals are usually quite good but its the extras that let me down every time so having a 50 -100 cal snack thats actually good for me will save at least 200 cals a time.

Food today has been ok so far...
    Breakfast - cereal bar (100 cals)
    Mid morning - about 150 cals of fruit and nuts (so the pack said anyway)
    Lunch - wholewheat seeded wrap (180 cals) with spinach leaves (20 cals) and quorn (100 cals), half a banana (70 cals), few grapes (approx 100 cals) and a satsuma (25 cals)
    Trial snack on way home from Tesco - tesco chilli flavour rice cake (38 cals and quite nice)
    Tea - 350 cal thai veg healthy meal pot thingy

For later if needed - strawberries with WW yoghurt

Exercise tonight will be 40 min walk round water park with dog (already done) and the dreaded Shred.
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Bad. Very Bad. Oh so bad....

I seem to have gone from being off food last week, right through having an insatiable appetite on Sunday and Monday, to be back to normal today. Didn't stop me cooking enough for an insatiable appetite and eating it all though. Two full helpings of homemade curry. I felt stuffed right before going back for seconds. I then followed it up with 2 cookies left over from when I was insatiably hungry. And 3 ritz crackers (which I bought because I needed some salt). And a chocolate mousse.

I'm so full, I won't be able to do any exercise tonight.

Someone has to put a guard dog in front of my cooker to stop me going back for seconds. The food I eat is relatively healthy, but I always go back for seconds, eat it until I can't move, regret it, tell myself never again, wash, rinse and repeat. *chaps self on wrist*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure