Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 604Posts
    • 369Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 57
    • macman
    • By macman 14th Aug 17, 5:45 PM
    • 41,100 Posts
    • 16,851 Thanks
    macman
    Good result. I'm insanely envious, as I only got awarded £50 compo....which of course 3 weeks later has still not hit my account, nor has my electricity meter point been set up, nor have I been billed, or received a written apology. No contact whatsoever.
    They have another week to comply, after which I'll be contacting the EO's terrifying sounding 'Remedy Implementation Team'. And that'll cost Iresa another £50. It'll be interesting to see if the EO actually has effective sanctions in such cases.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Aug 17, 6:28 PM
    • 3,980 Posts
    • 2,240 Thanks
    Hengus
    Good result. I'm insanely envious, as I only got awarded £50 compo....which of course 3 weeks later has still not hit my account, nor has my electricity meter point been set up, nor have I been billed, or received a written apology. No contact whatsoever.
    They have another week to comply, after which I'll be contacting the EO's terrifying sounding 'Remedy Implementation Team'. And that'll cost Iresa another £50. It'll be interesting to see if the EO actually has effective sanctions in such cases.
    Originally posted by macman
    I got my compensation on day 29 after the EO’s decision. The statement that I complained about was changed, and I got a form of written apology. My final bill also used an incorrect CV which I have complained about to both the supplier and Ofgem.

I see Iresa is still getting rave reviews on Truspilot et al for its customer service and account handling.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 14th Aug 17, 10:46 PM
    • 3,130 Posts
    • 1,401 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    ...I see Iresa is still getting rave reviews on Truspilot et al for its customer service and account handling.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Congratulations on getting out without losing anything (apart from the time you spent chasing); Trustpilot's score is 2.1/10 which doesn't sound rave to me (unless you were joking). And even MSE is (now) saying

"We'd be very cautious switching to this supplier. Recently, we've seen a high volume of reports from users who've been unhappy with Iresa's customer service, with many struggling to contact the supplier and get their issues resolved." But 44% say "great".

I'm nervously building up a healthy Summer credit, hoping this money is available to pay off Winter bills if Iresa is still in business.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 15th Aug 17, 8:38 AM
    • 3,980 Posts
    • 2,240 Thanks
    Hengus
    Congratulations on getting out without losing anything (apart from the time you spent chasing); Trustpilot's score is 2.1/10 which doesn't sound rave to me (unless you were joking). And even MSE is (now) saying

"We'd be very cautious switching to this supplier. Recently, we've seen a high volume of reports from users who've been unhappy with Iresa's customer service, with many struggling to contact the supplier and get their issues resolved." But 44% say "great".

I'm nervously building up a healthy Summer credit, hoping this money is available to pay off Winter bills if Iresa is still in business.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    It's called irony. FWiW, I note that Iresa is desperately trying to get many of the posts on Trustpilot removed.
    • macman
    • By macman 15th Aug 17, 4:02 PM
    • 41,100 Posts
    • 16,851 Thanks
    macman
    A bit late now to censor Trustpilot surely? However, if the tone of the reviews still left are the ones they don't object to, then I'd dearly love to read the ones taken down.
    Thanks for your update Hengus, I shall await any developments on Day 29...
    PS: I have also requested a DD reduction, as (with compo) my account will be around £150 in credit. Of course, they refused-the excuse being that, because I have had no leccy bill in 6m (due to them failing to set up the meter point), they could not, regrettably, calculate my account balance. You couldn't make it up!
    I resupplied the meter readings, did the billing calculation over 6m manually myself, and sent it to them. No response of course...
    Last edited by macman; 15-08-2017 at 4:09 PM.
    • fewkeste
    • By fewkeste 15th Aug 17, 4:03 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    fewkeste
    Which ones?
    It's called irony. FWiW, I note that Iresa is desperately trying to get many of the posts on Trustpilot removed.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Which ones - the good ones or the bad ones? - and how do you know that?
    • macman
    • By macman 15th Aug 17, 4:10 PM
    • 41,100 Posts
    • 16,851 Thanks
    macman
    They're shown as 'under review' in the listings. The (very) bad ones.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 15th Aug 17, 6:30 PM
    • 3,130 Posts
    • 1,401 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    They're shown as 'under review' in the listings. The (very) bad ones.
    Originally posted by macman
    Yes, somebody reported 18 reviews yesterday afternoon - the additional staff are being put to good use I see. Jokers. (shame Trustpilot don't offer a "reported" filter ;-)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 17th Aug 17, 10:19 AM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    IRESA are appealing against the ombudsman ruling (that was in my favour)... they are still blocking me from moving to EDF

By way of recapt I terminated my IRESA contract on 11th, my account was in credit and I tried to move to EDF - IRESA have been blocking me ever since
    Left is never right but I always am.
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 17th Aug 17, 5:12 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Al Ross
    I too had to complain to the Ombudsman as well. I had been trying for months to get my overpayments (approx. £400) returned and my Direct Payments halved.
    After the Ombudsman intervened it was quickly done. I have them on my case now to award a little bit of compo for all my wasted time and effort.
    I will be happy to get anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,566Posts Today

6,895Users online

Martin's Twitter