PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

I would like to join please. Can you put me down for £120.Thanks.
  • flipper_72
    Options
    Hi,
    I am back in but as I am on notice of redundancy I will reduce back to 250, need to watch the pennies.
  • pajama
    pajama Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    Can you please put me down for £360 again.

I've not been doing very well the last few months and really need to sort myself out. Youngest daughter going to uni this month so only three of us to feed now.
    Grocery Challenge - Sept £205.56/£350.00

• Margaret_
    Margaret_ Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Hello I'm new :wave:

Please could you put me down for £60 thank you (it's just me - no husbands, children or animals are being underfed!)

Somehow over the Summer all my thrifty ways have gone out of the window and now Christmas is looming and I need to get back on track.
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Oct GC £19.65/£45
    OS Weight Loss 4lbs/12lbs
  • Scuff
    Scuff Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    Can I please join, returning back to MSE after a 2 year hiatus, we've got a little complacent lately and keep going way over budget (plus now we have a wedding to save for :j )

There's just the 2 of us (plus 2 greedy cats but they have their own budget!), we have a reasonably stocked freezer / pantry and OH is pretty sure we can come in below £120 so can you put me down for that please

Payday is today so that's where I am starting!

Spent £3.37 in Aldi on a few bits to make the next few days tea, and will be geting creative with lunches (this is one of my personal struggles!)
    September 2016 GC £21.37/£120
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well, I've just been reconciling the bank statement with my budget and have concluded that for August, we spent a total of 376.11 GBP. Of that, 49.15 was on takeaways!! Which, isn't great, but is actually a vast improvement on previous months. So, money spent on groceries was 337.31, but....this included some alcohol (which bumped it up), and quite a bit of waste on our part (sleep deprivation). It didn't, however, include all of the nappies we bought as I got some of those on a BOGOF from Boots.

Won't need to spend anymore before payday (Friday), as have everything we need.

Also, we have quite a bit of food still left over (including mince, chicken, lamb, bacon joints and packs of bacon) in the freezer, I've got a detailed inventory and a renewed determination to not waste ANY of it, and stick to the budget. We've still got about 150 nappies in stock, don't need any toiletries or cleaning stuff, and have got a well stocked store cupboard at the moment. So.....It shouldn't be too difficult to come in under the 300 GBP budget I have set.

Had a NSD yesterday, but we indulged in a McDonalds on the way home from the dentist today (included in my figures above already). Dentist is free atm for me due to maternity exemption. Shouldn't need to even buy any milk until the weekend :)
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • Manxcottageonthehill
    Options
    Hello,

Can you put me down for £300 to start with! Hoping to get everything food/household wise for the household.

Thanks

Nessy
    Nessy x
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon all and a warm welcome to the new peoples and returners :hello:

Thank you Zippy and Coxy for running this thread :D

I am away on holibobs for ten days in September so will go for a budget of £140 please for the rest of the month. Food on holiday will be a really good buffet breakfast at the hotel (included in the price), and we know we can rely on that as stayed there before. The other meals will come out of our holiday budget.

I am still in August, as my months run from first to last day of each month. 'See' you all later and good luck with the challenge
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can I slink back in? I've failed terribly recently!

I'd like to set a target of £150 from tomorrow until Friday 23rd September. This is to include toddler products, all food, drink and cleaning/sundry household items :)

I'll just be picking up bits until Monday when I'll do our 'big' shop.

toddler is in pull ups for nursery etc so I will need more of them but that's ok as they are the same price as her usual nappies and obviously she's using less of them than nappies so that all factors in.

going to make a proper list on Friday evening :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am joining again, put me down for £168 Have got a delivery booked and will add what i've spent after it's been finalised.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family