Making money at home from sex chat lines

Comments

• flyforfun
    flyforfun Posts: 65 Forumite
    scotsbob wrote: »
    95% ????????????

Do you have a source for that statistic? Or is it just hearsay and rumour?

I would have a lot of doubts about that figure being correct.

Viewed the otherway, there's probably only 5% of the population worth watching. :rotfl:
  • flyforfun
    flyforfun Posts: 65 Forumite
    ... Chatlines as already mentioned are a different thing all together,theres no comparison...

Well, that all depends on your view I'm afraid. I know a few people that are quite proud of their bodies and happy to be imortalised on film. I also have some hard core, very religious friends who think that going to the beach is tantamount to sex, so you'll never get everyone to agree on this. :A
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    scotsbob wrote: »
    I would have a lot of doubts about that figure being correct.

I watched a documentary on channel 4 a few years ago about a woman who worked in the industry as a director and she mentioned it as a figure.

Obviously, if i can find any corroborating evidence i'll link to it.

But I would personally say it's probably not far from being the truth.
    I would have thought that no matter how skint you were self respect would stop you doing such a thing.....

i think that's a very blinkered view to be honest. sure, if the adult industry isn't something you approve of then that's fine but as 'flyforfun' said, there are many people are very proud of their bodies and would have no qualms about being filmed.
    not only that but think of the health risks!

again, a very blinkered view. many large adult studios in the states have a mandatory condom rule for all adult films and mandatory aids tests every 4 weeks as well.

it's only when you start straying outside the mainstream to the so-called 'gonzo' amateurs that you start to find less than savoury things going on.

but again, as flyforfun said, you'll never get any real agreement on it. people disapprove and brand it "sick" simply because of what it is, but if you're someone who chooses to do it willingly and properly, then you can make a lot of money.
  • wireframe_2
    wireframe_2 Posts: 219 Forumite
    edited 24 June 2010 at 3:28PM
    Of course chatlines are an adult industry. But it is not 'arguably true' that there is a huge gap between chatlines and adult films.
    Ah, I see you've changed your arguement. Your original statement said
    There's a huge difference between chatlines and !!!!!!.
    And there I would disagree. You say yourself in your thread you are asked to do things for the pleasure of others and you know what they're upto on the other end of the line. Visual !!!!!!, Audio !!!!!!, its all !!!!!!, and you're the "actress". However, if you had originally said:
    there is a huge gap between chatlines and adult films
    I would have agreed completely.
    You seem to imply that there is a connection between the two.
    You mentioned both industries in the same sentence and then stated there was a huge difference. I simply mentioned your previous thread as an example of people making money in an adult industry. I was very careful to draw a distinction.
    Frankly your original question seems an odd thread and nothing to do with this board.
    Why? Do you think there is no money to be had in the Adult industry? What a bizarre statement, from you of all people.
  • wireframe_2
    Good to hear, I am producing a new epsiode in the popular Bear and twink series of adult videos and am casting for the role of twink soon. Send your details by PM.

Cool. Seeing as this is an "income supplement" thread, and I'm asking a legitimate question, and you're not deliberately trolling as that is against forum rules, tell me the prices you charge, the rates you pay, the hours, the agency you work for (or run) and any medical certs I may need. Post them in the thread so everyone can see.
  • Amber_Sunshine
    Amber_Sunshine Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    I'm now very dubious about your motives for posting this thread. You stated that you were merely curious, so then what does your thread have to do with 'upping your income'? You then contradict yourself by asking do I not think there is money to be made in the industry (yes there is, but not by the people who do the hard work).

Yes, I work on chatlines. I am not ashamed of that, I earn an honest living and I work very hard for it.

You say 'You say yourself in your thread you are asked to do things for the pleasure of others and you know what they're upto on the other end of the line.' In the interests of accuracy, can you quote me on this? Have you been lurking there?

I'm going back to earning a living and leaving you to your trolling.
    wireframe wrote: »
    Ah, I see you've changed your arguement. Your original statement said

And there I would disagree. You say yourself in your thread you are asked to do things for the pleasure of others and you know what they're upto on the other end of the line. Visual !!!!!!, Audio !!!!!!, its all !!!!!!, and you're the "actress". However, if you had originally said:

I would have agreed completely.

You mentioned both industries in the same sentence and then stated there was a huge difference. I simply mentioned your previous thread as an example of people making money in an adult industry. I was very careful to draw a distinction.

Why? Do you think there is no money to be had in the Adult industry? What a bizarre statement, from you of all people.
  • wireframe_2
    I'm now very dubious about your motives for posting this thread. You stated that you were merely curious, so then what does your thread have to do with 'upping your income'? You then contradict yourself by asking do I not think there is money to be made in the industry (yes there is, but not by the people who do the hard work).
    My curiosity is in the money to be made from adult films. Upping one's income. I'm not sure how much clearer this could be.
    Yes, I work on chatlines. I am not ashamed of that, I earn an honest living and I work very hard for it.
    Good. I was very impressed by your previous thread about chatlines. It was unbiased, and helpful. I'm surprised by your attitude in this thread.
    You say 'You say yourself in your thread you are asked to do things for the pleasure of others and you know what they're upto on the other end of the line.' In the interests of accuracy, can you quote me on this? Have you been lurking there?
    Lurking in your thread? I've read some of it, it is 236 pages long. I can't lay my hands on a direct quote FROM YOU, but I found one that suits my needs just as well - you didn't disagree with a single word of this comment, so I assume it is all correct, given the vehemence with which you've attacked this thread:
    HappyPSO wrote:
    For instance..an op complaining that some sick guy called her wanting her to pee her panties..she was disgusted he asked that, how dare he she said!!! Who the heck does she think she is???
    Its a phone sex line..and peeing your pants is nothing compared to some things your asked to do (all legal of course)...so if any of you girls are out there are reading this and thinking too that peeing your pants is vulgar then don't bother applying...
    Sounds like you do things for the pleasure of others to me.
    I'm going back to earning a living and leaving you to your trolling.
    With nothing to add, the thread is better off without you. Which is a shame.
  • Had a friend who, with his partner, used to make adult gay films - as directors, mainly. But they didn't make any money. Now they do other stuff. I was told they were "too nice" about it, and tried to be ethical. Not sure *quite* what that means, I don't know the details.

I write and edit "alternative erotica" and there's not a lot of money in that, but it brings in pocket money each month - I'm paid royalties.
  • jasonwatkins
    I suppose with the nature of the industry, it's always going to be overcrowded so finding that niche or that unique selling point is going to be next to impossible.
  • jasonwatkins
    One thing that always bemuses me though when this topic comes up is many people's general inability to discuss it like grownups. It invariably degenerates into cheap puns and "humour" and the original question is usually lost ..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback