NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Get well soon misstara - must be bad to get 7 days'worth of antibiotics. Take care.

Calling - hope gs gets better soon from the pox.

Lcc - keep an eye on aldee fitness offers as they sometimes do kettlebells and they are sooooo much cheaper than elsewhere.

Florence - you made me giggle! A great walk and then... carbfest + alcohol! Have a great time swishing.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all,

Spendy day today - car parking, electrician then garden centre.

The garden centre purchases come out of a different budget, currently paid by the credit card but soon to be the payment for marking. I am determined to get the house how I want it, both inside and out.

I also did an hours walk. Fairly slow due to a small child and puppy but more than usual so it counts.

More marking done, hoping to finish this contract this weekend so I can have two weeks without marking (except my actual school marking) before the next lot arrives.

Tonight I'm grateful for the rain watering my plants!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi
    Today has been quite a positive day. I've walked into town and back so 40 mins walking.
    Also I resisted buying extras and only bought a bottle of milk.
    I now have a list on my fridge of the contents of the freezer and am determined not to order my online shop until I can't stretch the contents of my kitchen any more. Online shopping seems to be my best option because I don't buy extras that way.
    I have decided that £120 will be the maximum I spend on food , cleaning stuff and toiletries this month.
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Evening!

Today I am grateful for:
    • Healthy babies for a pregnant friend
    • Meeting new people in life
    • Having a lovely home to come back to
    Today was a spend day

I was doing well then caved in and bought a bottle of fizz and some crisps at work, after running late and packing the most uninspiring lunch ever!!! Also bought a thank you present for the garage I got my car from.

I'm going to bed and will get in 10 minutes of mindfulness before I drift off to sleep. Night all x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Off to a good start with 2 NSDs so far but will have to spend over the weekend ready for back to school next week. Will aim for a minimum of 12 for the month as already know we have a busy month ahead with commitments that may require parting with cash.
    Monthly payments have been made to debts and savings.
    This month, having kept a spending diary for the past 4 months I will be reviewing the budgets and see if any can be reduced or reassigned to other areas - an opportunity to improve my spreadsheet skills!
    Doubly grateful for not being outside during the downpour this afternoon and for the same downpour watering the seeds I planted out earlier this week.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Another NSD. Walked to the doctor's and back to pick up a prescription - avoided the route coming back that would have taken me past a chip shop.

I am grateful for food in the freezer, scraping together enough bits to fill two wraps and doing the walk and enjoying it in the end.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2017 at 8:44AM
    Yesterday was a bit of a disaster moneywise. OH had my car so got the bus to T3sc0 in the morning with my daughter as my son is on a sleepover and I dedcided that he needed new PJs (he has grown so much recently that his trousers are all at several inches from his ankles). His feet have also grown (he is now a size 6 :eek: two sizes bigger than me!) so needed to get him some new school shoes too.

Daughter had a complete meltdown in the shop. It is her birhday in a week and told her she had only a week to wait for her presents, but seeing my son getting things, she decided she had to have something too.. This to be honest is probably the source of my money issues - I used to earn three times what I do now, and my children don't appreciate that I cant just go out and buy them what they want when they want it anymore. I feel quite guilty as I took a pay cut to spend more time with them, which they love, but it does mean that we have had (or should have) cut back.
    My daughter has a learning disability and it is quite hard to explain this to her in a way that is meaningful to her.

To cut a long story short, I gave in and got her a toy. So on top of the PJs, school shoes and toy, my budget is fairly blown this week.

I havent been taking her shopping for the last couple of months for this reason and I will have to revert to not taking her again for a while!!

Hoping for a NSD today. OH is getting his repaired later, but this has already been paid for so hoping no extra costs arise from that. Not sure what time son is coming home from sleepover which helps as it means I have to wait in for him which means less likelyhood of spending anything!

Going to go over the budget again today and make some tweaks to lessen the impact of yesterday's excesses :o
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Get well soon misstara - must be bad to get 7 days'worth of antibiotics. Take care.

Thanks apple.

Yesterday was a NSD, I imagine today will be the same.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all :coffee:
    Still no nsd for me yet this month. I might get one today - I don't have many real plans other than my tutoring this morning. I can't believe that after 4 years that will all be done in a couple of weeks :eek:
    I'm the same as Fmess - in the middle of masses of exam marking, and although it's a beautiful day out there I really need to stay on top of it all so most of today will be dedicated to that. I love doing the marking (really I do - people don't believe me but it really helps with my teaching) and it's always nice when the money filters through...
    Have a good day all :beer:
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all

Yesterday was not a NSD as I had lunch out with friends. Been planned for ages and was a good value lunch deal. I did however have a G&T :cool:

Did my first gym session in the evening- body attack. I am feeling it today!

Today will not be a NSD as I need to go to Aldi to do the weekly shop. Also meeting my friend for a drink tonight to meet her new bf! We are going to a cocktail place in happy hour so shouldn't be much!

Other than that I am off to body combat class soon and then I need to sand my worktop and table and oil it. The worktop was done but has a few bits of damage to the surface. The table has chalk paint legs and I stripped the top and waxed it but the wax has worn off really quickly and now it's covered in ring marks from my Airbnb guests. I've now decided to oil it with the worktop stuff to hopefully protect it better. I've got the oil in the loft so just need to bring it down :)
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport