smallholdingsister's strivings

Comments

• Aww thanks.x
  • There is a 5 bed townhouse at the same price as ours, but it is on the main drag through town with only the dodge-the-parky version of parking.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sounds like your house is priced about right from what you've said, though something is only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay, of course.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • My problem is a very patient husband!
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    My problem is a very patient husband!

:rotfl: I presume he's not willing to drop the asking price, then?
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • Nope............
  • ourcornercottage
    ourcornercottage Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    From when we sold a couple of years ago, the only thing I'd say is if you are getting lots of looks and click throughs online but no viewings I'd ask EA to amend listing, rewrite and photos. If you can look at making the house as generic as possible, no personal tastes on display.

Check your 'kerb appeal' for people who do drive past.

Then if this doesn't work it'll need to be a price reduction.

We did this with EA, after several months of nothing, had another clear out, painted everything cream, hid family photos, re did front garden, set up every room as it should be. Make it so potential buyers don't have to think.

After this we had many viewings,2 offers and a sale at asking price in weeks.

Note we had already done this all once which we thought was good enough, evidently not.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Even a drop in price may not help unless it's a fairly substantial one and puts you into a different search bracket we were told when selling grans house. I don't envy you, it's horrid being stuck in limbo x
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • I kind of think that, NG.
    Thanks occ.

Happy Birthday to the eternally wonderful Mr Paul Darrow of the perfect diction. He is 75 today.

• katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Also, changing price will not bring you up in searches as a new listing.

The house we bought was on the market at £575K, then reduced to £500K, then reduced to £450K and finally reduced to £400K.

The only reason OH found it was because he used the "properties with reduced prices" function on the prime-evil app, otherwise it would have appeared a long way down the list on a price-based search as it had been on the market for a year.

Can the agent remove the listing and re-list it to make you appear at the top again?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure