Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Brightpaw wrote: »
    Just a quick note on Bristol Energy as I have been with them for nearly a year now and have to say I've had no issues what so ever and my energy bill are the lowest they have ever been. Took a while to switch from BG but that was more to do with BG I think. I don't get no calls from them or letters which is fine by me and I probably spend around 20-25 a month for both my gas and electricity on a meter while living in a 3 bed town house with 2 kids. Beat that British Gas!!!

When you get round to giving them meter readings I guess you might see an increase in how much you pay ! :)
  • I recently switched to Bristol Energy, Paperless Issue 7 Tariff. The switch went as smooth as clockwork, the staff I communicated with by email could not have been more helpful, that goes for Daisy Fox and Tore, can't recall his surname, and yes it is a 'He'. The people you deal with are IN THIS COUNTRY and they are able to communicate using PERFECT ENGLISH, other companies TAKE NOTE! After one month I did another comparison on Cheap Energy Club and it advised me that issue 8 with Bristol Energy was cheaper. This I advised B Energy and the lady that replied did not agree, stating that the Issue 7 was cheaper. Two weeks later I did another comparison with the same result. When I advised B Energy Daisy Fox advised that I was correct and that the info I had previously been given was incorrect. Daisy switched me to Issue 8 and back dated it to when I first mentioned that tariff. They are human, can make errors, can't we all, but they rectified it quickly. If other companies operated like this, not just energy companies, England would have a far superior business sector. WELL DONE BRISTOL ENERGY, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!:T FIVE STAR+ RATING. TAKE NOTE EDF!
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I was with Bristol Energy for a year (Paperless Issue 13 Tariff) with no problems - they helped sort out a mess left by my previous supplier Scottish Power regarding a wrong meter serial number.
    I left them for Ebico as the standing charge more than doubled and i am a low electric user (850 kw per year)
  • Can BE make use of the already installed smart meters I have please?
  • No.
    https://www.bristol-energy.co.uk/faq-questions-top#n415 section "Do you offer smart meters?"
    You can keep your smart meter if you already have one but we’ll require manual meter reads in the meantime.

This is the same for nearly ever supplier. Smart meters will probably only work with the original supplier for the foreseeable future.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I switched to Bristol Energy from Zog last month online. The online account was set up quickly and seems to be very reliable so far with no availability issues from my experience. The opening meter read request came through in good time and the first direct debit has gone out no problem.
    I didn't have any reason to call them until this morning as they requested a new reading and their estimate was 1 unit higher than my actual today. Basically they took my opening reading 5 days before the actual switch date so applied an estimate which is fair enough.
    I called this morning (Saturday) and was 2nd in the queue for an advisor and when I got through the advisor was very pleasant, helpful and clear to understand and apologised for the wait which was minimal really considering it's a Saturday and they're a small company (less than a minute). He resolved my queries and ensured all the information was correct and advised when the next bill would be.
    I'm only new to them so can't comment on long term or leaving experiences etc. but so far they get a thumbs up for me
  • Please note the WarmHome Discount ONLY applies to the CORE GROUP (pension benefits) NOT the BROADER GROUP (Disability, Tax Credits or ESA/JSA benefits).
  • Philflyer
    Philflyer Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 November 2017 at 3:21PM
    I joined the Cheap Energy Club last year and, as a consequence, started using Bristol Energy as my supplier of both Gas and Electricity in October 2016. The changeover from British Gas went smoothly and my bill was £20 a month cheaper. Bristol Energy need you to read your meters and enter the information on their website every month at about the same time. A reminder pops up in your email a couple of days before it’s required and the entry is easy and quick after you’ve logged in. I’ve phoned them a few times with minor queries and have been answered within a minute by someone who was pleasant and easy to understand. When a change was needed to my direct debit an email informed me 2 weeks before it was to happen. All good, but the most impressive part of the whole service was 3 reminders that the years contract was due to expire, then 2 weeks ago a suggested new plan to continue for another year. All other suppliers I have been with have automatically put me on their “Standard” tariff after the year ends which is always a big jump in price. Bristol offer their cheapest tariff. I checked it using the Cheap Energy Club lists. It was £4 a month more than the cheapest and the same as I am paying with Bristol now. No increase and fixed for a year! The cheaper firms all had some rider – they had bad reviews or their service was unknown, slow, poor etc. I consider the extra cost to be worth it having had such good service. This company has been the best energy supplier of the 5 I have had.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I wonder how Bristol Energy calculate your estimated annual usage?

They have mine as:
    Electricity 3,285 kWh per year
    Gas 4,347 kWh per year

I calculate them as:
    Electricity 1,250 kWh per year
    Gas 5,900 kWh per year

So both estimates are wrong, despite monthly meter readings being provided (sometimes twice monthly). They then make an assumption you will move to a variable rate tariff after your fixed term ends. This has resulted in my monthly payment going up from £31 to £57 per month.

Which means when I leave (which is inevitable these days), I'll end up with a big credit balance that they will have to refund me.
  • glider3560 wrote: »
    I wonder how Bristol Energy calculate your estimated annual usage?

They have mine as:
    Electricity 3,285 kWh per year
    Gas 4,347 kWh per year

I calculate them as:
    Electricity 1,250 kWh per year
    Gas 5,900 kWh per year

So both estimates are wrong, despite monthly meter readings being provided (sometimes twice monthly). They then make an assumption you will move to a variable rate tariff after your fixed term ends. This has resulted in my monthly payment going up from £31 to £57 per month.

Which means when I leave (which is inevitable these days), I'll end up with a big credit balance that they will have to refund me.

A lot of suppliers do this when undertaking a DD review, they can't assume you'll go onto another fixed tariff as they can't auto enrol you on a fixed deal when your current one ends. Just call them and tell them you want to maintain your DD at £31 pm.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback