Wren Kitchens - My Review

Options

Comments

• mikb
    mikb Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hattie.a wrote: »
    Salesman assured me the kitchen cupboards would be MDF not chipboard ... not only did they say that they don't even do MDF, so I was outright lied to

Go to Google and type

wren kitchens "doors come in" MDF

And see all the hits from their own website. So clearly they do do some units in MDF. Looks like you might have been lied to twice (!)

What "model" kitchen units are they supposed to be, and is it that they use MDF for doors and cheaper chipboard for bodies?
  • acccgkk7
    Options
    I need help please !
    We agreed and paid a deposit on 12/08/17 with Wren Kitchens.
    Before this they had done a provisional plan, our fitter had checked it, it was fine.
    Their surveyor came out (we're having remodelling) he then changed the dimensions of kitchen based on existing layout, despite having the new remodelled plans. This was sorted and we paid deposit as above.
    We repeatedly asked had anything else changed, other than what we had spotted and were advised no,we had been in the showroom 1hr 30mins by this point and were being rushed somewhat. We were advised to get it checked again by the fitter.
    On 18/08/17 (3 working days after) our fitter noticed cupboards were missing and units had been substituted for smaller ones with filler panels used.
    Since then many emails/telephone calls later we've been trying to get them to agree their faults (surveyor had put dishwasher infront of stop tap to name but one) this was pointed out before and then changed back. We have decided to say enough is enough and we want it cancelling.
    They have advised we can't, the order is locked down and there's nothing we can do.
    Is this true? I'm at a loss
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    My mum bought a Wren kitchen. It was supposed to take 2 weeks max to fit. 17 weeks after work started, it is still not complete.

There has been mistake after mistake. My mum has had to take a ridiculous amount of time off work. It has caused a huge amount of disruption to her life, caused plenty of stress and they don't seem to care. She has been beyond reasonable. She isn't threatening to leave bad reviews or talk about it online. She just wants it to be finished. I disagree with her, I think she has given them long enough. So I am going to talk about her situation online for her. And I will go into more and more detail in more and more places the longer it takes to be rectified. I'm starting here.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are Wren not in some way connected to the defunct MFI?
  • hazycloud
    Options
    Wren made mistakes all the way through. It is due to the incompetency of salesperson we dealt with. She made a plan for us where she made us pick a sink that is too big for the unit underneath. The revisions made to our plan were not sent to the factory so we ended up getting a different kitchen to what we thought signed the contract. We were assured at that time the revisions would go to the factory. When complained they are hiding behind terms and conditions saying we have signed the contract.
    Their customer service is slow to even acknowledge our complaint.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    there is a wren kitchen disasters facebook page with about 2500 members if anyone is interested and just today an ITV journalist has posted on there asking for horror stories
  • cddc
    cddc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    These clowns are on Rip Off Britain this week.
  • Lizabeth21
    Lizabeth21 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Walked into wren when we were looking for a new kitchen. The salesman proceeded to tell me all that was wrong with other kitchen suppliers products (he named them) and told me nothing whatsoever about wren. I pointed this out to him and left. Glad I did.
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,734 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Only a brief input as have asked a long question in th Consumer Rights section on MSE, alderly mother in law charged over £20,000 for a refitted kitchen, no bigger than 3m square. 8 weeks in still not finished, sadly she was talked into paying for it up front. Am fuming and will not give up until we expose them for who they are!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    britishboy wrote: »
    Only a brief input as have asked a long question in th Consumer Rights section on MSE, alderly mother in law charged over £20,000 for a refitted kitchen, no bigger than 3m square. 8 weeks in still not finished, sadly she was talked into paying for it up front. Am fuming and will not give up until we expose them for who they are!

you will have an uphill battle i fear.

have you joined the Wren Kitchens Disasters facebook page, it has thousands of members who are having problems with wren
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure