Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• mcmullank
    mcmullank Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    JerryW wrote: »
    Fully agree, with Calor they were pushing the price up all the time and you had to argue with them constantly. Woldlink do that for you (with Flogas) and that is worth something to me.

I do however wonder about the current Woldlink 6mth pricing.. it is 36.95p/l whereas their monthly pricing, no longer available to new customers, is 25.81p as stated above - a big difference and I think they must have let Flogas shaft them when that price was agreed. It runs until 30 September and I am holding out until then, before ordering any ..

I don't think that you can say that they were shafted.

At the time that the latest fixed price was agreed, the monthly pricing had already been over the previous fix. In January and February the fixed price was 27.85ppl and the monthly was 30.54ppl additionally you had the option of getting a fill before the price changed which is not an option when you are on monthly pricing. It was also around this time that other suppliers were notifying customers of increases to their prices.
  • The_Hornet
    Options
    The_Hornet wrote: »
    I'm just over a year (15 months) into a 2 year contract with Countrywide which was fixed for 1 year at 30ppl. I just received this letter from them:

It is with sincere regret that I am writing to you to confirm an increase in the cost of LPG. The wholesale LPG market has risen by over 80% in the past twelve months, and despite every effort to reduce the impact of these increases to our customers, we are unable to absorb these market movements alone.

With immediate effect, your LPG rate will increase by 4.5 pence per litre.

I understand that increases in the cost of utilities is always unwelcome and I am sorry that this action is necessary. The LPG market has enjoyed a sustained period of stability in recent years, making the past twelve months of instability even more disappointing. Countrywide will continue to monitor the market closely and, as in recent years, will reduce prices when it is possible to do so.

Looking at the charts it would seem that they are correct in their price assertion so I guess I can't complain too much. As it happens I just got a fill at the old price and should be OK for just one more fill until the contract expires. It'll be interesting to see how prices go over the coming months.

Well wouldn't you know! I just got the following email from my friends at CWF:

Dear Customer,

It is with regret that I am writing to you to confirm an increase in the cost of LPG. Despite the wholesale LPG market enjoying a sustained period of stability in recent years, it has risen significantly during the past twelve months. Although we have made every effort to reduce the impact of these increases to our customers, we are unable to absorb these movements alone.

From 1st September 2017, your LPG rate will increase by 3.5 pence per litre.

I understand that increases in the cost of utilities are always unwelcome and I am sorry that this action is necessary. Countrywide will continue to monitor the market closely and will reduce prices when it is possible to do so.

Seems odd that this email refers to a "Period of stability in recent years" when 6 months ago I was hit with a price rise due to INstability. Hmm.

So a total increase of nearly 27% since my 1 year fix ended. As my contract expires around the time I will need my next fill I feel a round of telephone calls coming up. :mad:
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JerryW wrote: »
    - But please, do try Woldlink... speak to them on the phone, they are such nice folk to talk to. Just google woldlink. Get your other quotes first then phone them

Just spoke (*) to Robert at Woldlink - they are no longer taking on new customers.
    I'm sure it's nothing to do with Flogas trying to push the price up! :mad:

*= just paid our last bill with them as we have sold the house. He remarked that nobody else had ever unsubscribed from his variable rate contract before!!! :)
  • Rhino666
    Options
    Have just had my annual delivery - price 36.27p(inc. VAT.) - 7/9/17
    Last years, delivered 30/11/16 cost 29.4p - price quoted 10/10/16 and had risen to 32.02p by 30/11/16.
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
  • bobmac62
    Options
    Monthly LPG pricing for September advised by Woldlink at 28.95PPL + 5% VAT, up from 25.81 in August.
  • collectors
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    Just spoke (*) to Robert at Woldlink - they are no longer taking on new customers.
    I'm sure it's nothing to do with Flogas trying to push the price up! :mad:

*= just paid our last bill with them as we have sold the house. He remarked that nobody else had ever unsubscribed from his variable rate contract before!!! :)

I tried to go with Robert, but couldn't because i am with Flogas. I thought there was a law on monopolizing things these days & i am not sure how Flogas can dictate terms to Woldlink like this.. . I am just hopping my gas will last 4 weeks till my contract finishes with Flogas so i don't have to have to buy from them again. Would love to go with Woldlink but it will have to be one of the others for 2 years. The nice thing about Woldlink is there honesty. Hope they do well.
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bobmac62 wrote: »
    Monthly LPG pricing for September advised by Woldlink at 28.95PPL + 5% VAT, up from 25.81 in August.

Woldlink bulk price fix for the coming six months from 1 Oct is 36.75p/l, slightly down from the present 36.95. Slightly irritating that the monthly price fix is so much lower ..
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • collectors
    Options
    Just got a price from Flogas at 34 p a litre + a 5p kike on year 2. So i shopped around & got Calor for 34p & a 3.5p hike in year 2 plus £250 worth of gas free..Flogas then came back with a 31.55 Pence Per Litre + 5% VAT, Fixed for 12 Months, 5 pence cap in year-two
    Sorry Flogas, but Calor win hands down with the £250 of free gas.
    At the end of the day Calor win, but would loved to of gone with Woldlink as they give me the feeling of honesty & good prices. But couldn't at the moment because of not taking on customers at the moment. Shame.
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  • LPG_confused
    Options
    Hello all fellow LPG consumers,

Please bear with me - very new to forums so please excuse any forthcoming mistakes..

I have been reading your numerous comments and advice for some time now and only now I am in a position to start shopping for cheaper LPG.

The impression that I am getting from reading your comments is that amongst the many contributors on this topic, there seem to be a number of you offering some very expert advice.

To be 100% honest with you though, alarm bells started ringing when I read a post regarding a comparison site being run by a FLOGAS director ?

Could someone please be kind enough to explain this to me ?

Kind regards,

LPG Confused
    FYI - One of the Sales Directors for Flogas was a Robert Flaxman - maybe one and the same ?
    Originally posted by Lpgnewbie

FYI - One of the Sales Directors for Flogas was a Robert Flaxman - maybe one and the same ?
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all fellow LPG consumers,

... To be 100% honest with you though, alarm bells started ringing when I read a post regarding a comparison site being run by a FLOGAS director ?

Could someone please be kind enough to explain this to me ? ...

As I understand it he left Flogas to set up on his own account. He operates a "switch-and-save" website, LPG Save .. not dealt with them myself. For more explanation than that, you will have to be more clear about the reason for your alarm?! What he is doing appears to be similar to what Martin Lewis himself does..
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback