IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart Parking Ltd!!

2»

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Are you really serious?

Maybe you should do some proper research on here and see what a complete bunch of scammers these are!
    I have done plenty of research on most of these operators when the office block i work from needed a company to run the carpark as staff could not park due to people parking to walk into town.
    Smart carparks was the best following 6 months researching various car park operators
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have done plenty of research on most of these operators when the office block i work from needed a company to run the carpark as staff could not park due to people parking to walk into town.
    Smart carparks was the best following 6 months researching various car park operators

Good luck to you... this will be the start of your problems using Smart
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

Three questions @angryparcel:

How much do Smart charge you for their 'services'?

Have they got rid of your 'fly-parkers'?

How will they earn money from your car park going forward?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2017 at 11:26AM
    Answers below
    Umkomaas wrote: »

That is between them and the office tenants group

all staff can park without issue and an area is set aside for public use

all staff pay £10 a year for a parking disc which links the the ANPR system, which covers their service charges, The public pay £2 for 3 hrs and no return within 1 hr
    A review of their services is due in Jan. which is carried out every 5 years
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Answers below

What you state is how a car park should be run.

The concern is those motorists who are trapped by Smart and then face tickets up to £100, especially those who maybe returned two hours later with a double dip ANPR system which is known to be dodgy at the best of times

You really should read about Smart here ...
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=smart+parking
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

And when they realise they aren't making enough profit out of the contract and start their shenanigans you might regret it!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Answers below

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Umkomaas View Post

That is between them and the office tenants group

all staff can park without issue and an area is set aside for public use

all staff pay £10 a year for a parking disc which links the the ANPR system, which covers their service charges, The public pay £2 for 3 hrs and no return within 1 hr

And what happens to staff who one day have to bring a new car or courtesy car in?

What happens to new staff on their first days, before they get such a disc?

How many £100 PCNs have Smart issued, do you know? It will be hundreds every month, including to staff, of course.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DonLa
    DonLa Posts: 4 Newbie
    Just about to email an appeal as the "keeper "to smart parking using the template by Edna , just wondered should the email address the issue that smart parking ltd sent the PCN to ge incorrect address and only that the neighbours re delivered it. The PCN has just been received. Also should the appeal attach any parking tickets that were purchased in date on the said contravention??
    Many Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes and yes!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Also should the appeal attach any parking tickets that were purchased in date on the said contravention?
    Attach copies. Never let go of original evidence.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport