IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart Parking Ltd!!

DonLa
DonLa Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 9 July 2017 at 11:26PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi,

Looking for some advice I have just received a PCN from smart parking ltd letter dated 4/7/17 the contravention was on the 30/5/2017 at Knightlys fun park Abergele.
This letter however has been sent to the wrong address to someone who lives over the road to myself, they have just given me it today. On the date of the alleged contravention a 3 hour ticket was purchased it did run over by 15 mins another ticket was purchased for another hour the vehicle left the car park a minute before this ticket ran out, which is shown in the ANPR photos.
A friend who was also using the car park on this day in another vehicle had a PCN from smart parking ltd in June. She appealed it but was rejected she has paid the charge. In her appeal letter she did state why another vehicle had not received a charge?? She used copies of the purchased parking tickets for this vehicle as evidence for her appeal as she had discarded hers ? Wonder if this is why I as the "keeper"have now had the PCN .Also the vehicle is leased through my work so I am wondering what should I do, ignore it or appeal??
Many thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    First edit your post to remove details of who was driving.

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

Then read up in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum on how to deal with this

Read up there on what action drivers of lease cars need to do
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    DonLa wrote: »
    On the date of the alleged contravention I purchased a 3 hour ticket but did go over by 15 mins then went back to purchase another ticket for another hour but I left the car park a minute before this ticket ran out,

The issue is you went over by 15 minutes and then purchased another ticket for another hour.

the new ticket would not cover the 15 minutes you went over as it will be a new ticket and i bet like most of their car parks it will be a no return for 1 hr, so say you purchased a 3hr ticket at 10am, this would allow you to park until 1pm, you went over by 15 minutes so say 1.15pm, this would mean you could not return to that car park again until 2.15pm, so the fact you purchased another ticket for an hr, you breached i guess 2 of their rules
  • Quentin
    edited 9 July 2017 at 11:45PM
    The issue is ......

The issue is irrelevant.

The newbies faq thread near the top of the forum explains the issues that defendants can raise to get these invoices killed off.

You can assist by editing your post to refer to "the driver" in the third person.

The op has edited the post you have now quoted to remove details of who was driving
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Quentin wrote: »

You can assist by editing your post to refer to "the driver" in the third person.
    what do you mean my post was just explaining how smart car parks work which is like a lot of these operations buying a new ticket does not cover any overage of a previous ticket and you have to leave the car park and not return for an hour.
    I have seen some operators where you cant return for 3 hrs.

Smart Car Parks is one of the best operators out their. with them you can even reserve a parking space via an app
  • Quentin
    We aren't concerned with the ppcs services.

Your post refers to what the driver did.

It's important for the driver not to be identified

You can assist by not pointing a finger at the op
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 July 2017 at 12:09AM
    Smart Car Parks is one of the best operators out their. with them you can even reserve a parking space via an app

No-one here on this board has ever posted such ridiculous words. Apart from the dreadful spelling, it sounds like Spam.

You have no idea, clearly haven't realised the entire industry is rotten (or you work for them - shame on you if so).

Smart are easy to beat. The NEWBIES thread appeal will kill the scam off.
    A friend who was also using the car park on this day in another vehicle had a PCN from smart parking ltd in June. She appealed it but was rejected she has paid the charge.

What a hopeless victim she was. She only had to Google it and appeal properly, as keeper. Easy.
    Wonder if this is why I as the "keeper"have now had the PCN .Also the vehicle is leased through my work so I am wondering what should I do, ignore it or appeal??
    You have had this now because Smart obviously write to the lease company first. So all you need to do is appeal as lessee/hirer, using the appeal written by Edna Basher in the section of the NEWBIES thread about company/lease vehicles.

Get the appeal right and it's simple.

Sadly, your friend did it all wrong. She doesn't seem to have even realised that she didn't have to actually PAY! It's not a real fine so why on earth someone rushes to pay - especially a person who could have Googled it - is always beyond me.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DonLa
    DonLa Posts: 4 Newbie
    Will definitely look at the newbie thread & use the template to appeal the first thing I did when I seen the letter was google it, wish my friend had too
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Make sure you use the one written by Edna Basher, the one specific to hire/lease vehicles (near the end of post #1 of that sticky thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Smart Car Parks is one of the best operators out [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] there.

Are you really serious?

Maybe you should do some proper research on here and see what a complete bunch of scammers these are!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Smart Car Parks is one of the best operators out their. with them you can even reserve a parking space via an app[/QUOTE]

Now. that is a joke, why do you think that companies like Asda
    kicked them out

You should change the word "best" to "worst"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills