Free 2 month Family & Friends Railcard + 50% off 12mth railcard

ged1980
ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
edited 23 May 2011 at 11:41AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
To register for your free 2 month Family & Friends Railcard in conjunction with the Daily Mail, simply complete your details below.
We will send you your free 2 month Family & Friends Railcard in the post and you will need to have it with you when your purchase and travel with discounted train tickets.
Demand for this offer is high and we will endeavour to get your Railcard to you as soon as possible.
Your free 2 month Railcard will be valid until 31st July 2011.
This offer is only available online until midnight 27th May 2011

http://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/dailymail

Terms and conditions

1. Your Family & Friends Railcard will be distributed as soon as possible. It is not subject to the usual Family & Friends 1-year and 3-year Railcard delivery condititions.
  2. Your Family & Friends Railcard is valid until 31 July 2011.
  3. Railcard to be carried on all journeys and used when purchasing discounted tickets.
  4. Offer available to residents of Great Britain aged 16 years or over - excludes employees of Daily Mail or ATOC Ltd.
  5. Minimum group size is at least one adult (a named cardholder) and at least one child aged 5 to 15 years. Maximum group size is four adults (aged 16 years or over) and four children (aged 5 to 15). Children under 5 travel for free.
  6. This Railcard is not transferable and remains the property of ATOC Ltd.
  7. Family & Friends Railcard discounts are not available on First Class fares.
  8. A morning peak restriction applies for journeys in London and the South East, Mondays to Fridays.
  9. 50% saving is only available for online purchases of a 1-year Family & Friends Railcard and cannot be redeemed at stations.
  10. 50% saving is valid between 15 July and 15 August 2011 with Promotional Code available to Daily Mail Railcard holders only.
  11. A full set of Family & Friends Railcard Terms & Conditions is available from any staffed station ticket office or at www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk.
  12. The Railcard and train travel are subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage. Names of the Train Companies and copies of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage are available at www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcc.
  13. Only one free two month Family & Friends Railcard can be issued per person. No replacements will be issued if lost or stolen.
If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)

Comments

• alykatz
    alykatz Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    lovely thank you...
  • Malaga0034_2
    Malaga0034_2 Posts: 490 Forumite
    Thankyou -is it free travel for 2 months or 50 % off travel ?
    Get Appletv2 & XBMC in and thank me later :beer:
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Malaga0034 wrote: »
    Thankyou -is it free travel for 2 months or 50 % off travel ?

It is discounted travel, only the card itself is free.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pokey128
    pokey128 Posts: 482 Forumite
    Great deal! Has anyone used one of these when only travelling with under 5's? I don't mind paying for them to get a seat but the t&cz seem yo have conflicting info

Cheers
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    i renewed mine a few days before something like this came up last year! Thank you for posting, am making the saving this time!!!
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    I accidentally unchecked the box for subsequent offers- but I think to get the code for 50% off renewal I should have kept it checked. I did use it with under 5s if they looked like they might be 5- I don't think they are that bothered and how could they check?
  • mymerrywidow
    mymerrywidow Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thank you, we can pop up to london at the end of the month
    life is like a loo roll. the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes.
  • moomoominx
    moomoominx Posts: 239 Forumite
    great stuff wanted one last year - so this will make the summer hols - as the kids always want to go on a train - £13.00 for a year after the 2 free months is great!
  • Rich44_2
    Rich44_2 Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 4 May 2011 at 9:08AM
    If theyre under 5 you can choose to pay for them to get the discount it's fine.

Thanks for this we got one last year so will do the same with this offer brilliant!!
    All kids under five travel free - and each adult may take up to two 'under fives' with them. However, if the only child in the group is under five, you'll need to purchase a discounted child ticket to qualify for the adult Railcard discount. All child fares are subject to a £1 minimum fare.
  • normandleigh
    normandleigh Posts: 213 Forumite
    been waiting for this thankyou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills