Tesco Delivery Saver

Hi

I don't know if this will help anyone but I will explain how I do my online Tesco grocery shopping. I find that my weekly shopping bill is normally well over £100. I find that I then need to top up with other bits during the week and this is my danger area as I end up spending more!! I thought if I could do my shopping every 5 days online this might help and stop me needing to do the top up shop. I signed up for the Tesco Delivery Saver for 3 months at a cost of £36. I now do a shop every 5 days and try to keep to about £60. It only works out that I spend £3 per week for the delivery charges. I am definitely saving money!! I can make good use of the offers and top up if I have money left over. I also had early access to the Christmas delivery slots and have one booked for December 23rd. Last year I couldn't even get one Christmas week.

52 weeks @ £100.00 = £5200.00
52 weeks @ £20.00 = £1040.00
Old yearly spend = £6240.00

New 365 days / shop every 5 days = 73 shops

73 x £60.00 = £4380.00

WBC

Comments

• How does the booking for Christmas week work?

I've joined up for the delivery saver as well and can get a slot on 24th (last time I looked anyway) but I buy what is on offer every week, and the offers don't usually last a month.

Think I should just out an order in for £40 worth of soap powder and then change it a few days before?:D
  • I just put something like 4 bottles of vodka and milk and checked out. I will change the order the week before (might leave one bottle though!)!! I know what you mean about the offers changing weekly - I am having to do a shop one day early this time to make use of the 25% off dog food. I have put in my diary to remind me to change my order or else knowing my brain I'll forget!!
  • 11 packs of their toilet roll is now ordered:D
  • Lol - glad you got Christmas Eve :j:j
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 November 2012 at 7:48AM
    The delivery saver at £36 is fab. I have recently broken my leg which was a good reason for me to sign up!
    I have 3 deliveries a week which has worked well. If I can't make the order up to £40 I just add a book of 2nd stamps which I will be needing for xmas cards.

Just one thing check the prices on delivery my last 3 shops I was overcharged on some items.

I've booked my xmas delivery too!
    J
  • I do my shopping pretty much the same, i do a shop every 5 days and spend around the £40-£45 mark.
    I have my xmas delivery slot booked for the 23rd (i checked out with just 2 finest turkey crowns in my basket)
  • The delivery saver at £36 is fab. I have recently broken my leg which was a good reason for me to sign up!
    I have 3 deliveries a week which has worked well. If I can't make the order up to £40 I just add a book of 2nd stamps which I will be needing for xmas cards.

Just one thing check the prices on delivery my last 3 shops I was overcharged on some items.

I've booked my xmas delivery too!
    J

Oh no poor you!
  • I too thought it was a good idea and signed up for 6 months after getting a mailing promising 1000 clubcard points and free delivery for Tesco Direct during the month of November. During many emails and phone calls to customer services I never received any. Tesco have also been oversubscribed in my area so I never get my deliverys on time. I have had 11 deliverys and there has been a problem of one sort or another with everyone of them. I was so annoyed on my last email that I asked for the service to be cancelled as I did not believe I was getting the sevice I paid for. I then received an email from customer services saying they had cancelled the service and wanted me to put my credit card details by return email so they could refund me pro rata. I know that is not to be done as it is not secure so why does Tesco customer service not know. I then receive another email apologising and said due to the fact I had had the service and deliverys I cannot cancel and have lost all my money but have gave me £20 vouchers incase I want to sign up again. I am still waiting to here what they come back with but I will be taking the matter further.
  • Midger
    Midger Posts: 341 Forumite
    Thanks very much for this wannabecomtent. I've had sciatica for 2yrs now and for the whole time, I've struggled to do the grocery shopping. Even walking round for a quick shop is unbearable due to the pin I end up in.

I shocked my husband last week when I told him I was seriously asking to borrow one of the motorised chairs most supermarkets have, so that I could shop reasonably pain-free....

Then I saw your post! The nosey person in me decided to hav a look, just to get an idea of how it works. I was so impressed that I signed up for 6 months there and then. No more walking around the supermarket in agony. Now all I have to worry about is making sure I get everything on my list for each order.

Thank you very much for this. You've no idea just how much it will help me! X
  • I think it has been great. I can shop and take the most expensive delivery time if I want. I got a slot for 23rd December(didn't want 24th incase I didnt get some of my order)
    I have used the free delivery for tesco direct a couple of times.

Just to say that you don't need to check out with £40. They just add the delivery charge, and then we you get back to adding more and it comes above £40 the charge comes off. So need to add things you don't want.
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport