Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Depends upon 'agent' being used - your post would have been better placed on the Ryanair thread.
  • hey! my flight was diverted from East Middlands airport to London Stansted due to bad weather. As soon as we landed in London nobody gathered people together, Ryanair never organised any transport, or they did but coaches have never arrived. We have been told to organise a transport by ourselves (after 4 hours of waiting for someone from Ryanair as their station at the airport was closed0. Most of the hotels were fully booked, there were no trains and buses. Had to order a taxi which cost me 410 q...I want my money back!
  • japtrupusz wrote: »
    hey! my flight was diverted from East Middlands airport to London Stansted due to bad weather. As soon as we landed in London nobody gathered people together, Ryanair never organised any transport, or they did but coaches have never arrived. We have been told to organise a transport by ourselves (after 4 hours of waiting for someone from Ryanair as their station at the airport was closed0. Most of the hotels were fully booked, there were no trains and buses. Had to order a taxi which cost me 410 q...I want my money back!

hey!
    Ok give us some facts, flight diverted from East Mids to London Stansted, original destination was?
    Bad weather, at the departing airport?, or the arrival airport?
    Date of flight etc...
    Bad weather can give the airlines a genuine excuse not to pay compensation under 261/2004 but, they have been known to state this when it is far from the truth...
    A few more facts please..
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • flight FR7623, from Rzeszow (Poland) to East Midlands on the 26-12-2014 diverted to London Stansted.

As soon as we reached the London Stansted airport where we have been diverted, nobody gathered the passengers together, checked if everybody knows what to do, some people could not communicate in English then got lost and I found them in tears. The Ryanair station at the airport was closed, pilot and all the crew vanished and allegedly organised transport never reached the airport to take people to the East Midlands. There was nobody providing passengers with further information and after 4 hours the Ryanair Representative turned up advising people to organise transport by themselves. Some people did not have enough money to do so and most of the hotels were fully booked. I was forced to take a taxi and paid 410 pounds for it, assured by the Ryanair Representative that I am going to be reimbursed which I am hoping to get this money back as this was my savings. I understand that whether condition was out of their control but how Ryanair could leave its passengers by themselves without providing with information, not checking passengers list and sent its Representative after 4 hours only to hear that people should get to the East Midlands airport by themselves? . I am going to make a claim to get my expenses back but nobody will pay me back for my wasted time, stress and nerviness.
  • the weather was bad, East Middlans area was affected by snowstorms so the airport was closed. But Ryanair still left its passengers by themselves..I saw some elderly polish people crying as they could not understand what's going on and where to go..
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 December 2014 at 1:11AM
    japtrupusz wrote: »
    the weather was bad, East Middlans area was affected by snowstorms so the airport was closed. But Ryanair still left its passengers by themselves..I saw some elderly polish people crying as they could not understand what's going on and where to go..

Japtrupusz,
    I sympathise with the journey and the experience you suffered, having also been a 'victim' of a Ryanair diverted flight I know first hand how upsetting and vulnerable you can feel as a passenger.
    Firstly I feel that no claim under EU261/2004 is applicable as the weather at EMA I'm sure would have closed the airport ( and living only 45 mins or so away can confirm the weather on Boxing Day night was pretty inclement).
    But under 261/2004 RA, still have a duty of care to get you from A to B as bought by your air ticket. It seems that this did not happen and partly so I presume due to limited resources because of the holiday period here in the UK.
    If RA didn't provide follow on travel as you describe then you are fully entitled to a refund of this.
    What I do hope is that you have a receipt for your taxi fare, RA won't accept any claim without it.
    If you have it - submit this to their customer services dept with some detail of your delay ....they should reimburse you.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• Pmcm_2
    Pmcm_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Pmcm,
    Exactly the same start to the process as what happened to me. If you haven't already, write to Ryanair again in the form of a NBA/LBA giving them the timescale you want for them to reply.
    When they do not reply, or if they do it will say this `we cannot comply with the findings of AESA as we believe it is out of scope of the regulation`, then start court proceedings using the ESCP.
    Go to my post 569, all is explained there.
    And by the way, the response you have from AESA will form the basis of a good response when Ryanair submit their answer to court.
    When this `answer ` drops through your letterbox, come back on here and the good people of the forums, and also myself, will guide you on how to rip it to bits (Legally speaking of course) !
    Good luck, keep us informed and keep going.

Hi,
    I received a reply from RA today, they say... "I regret that on this occasion, Ryanair cannot comply with the board's recommendation, as we believe that their decision is outside the scope of the EU Regulation 261/2004."
    I am just filling in form A fro the ESCP, I have given a brief description of what has happened and what I am claiming. What information or documents should i put in to the written evidence part? I presume a copy of the original booking and the letter from the AESA?
    Could i just print theses out and attach to form A when i submit to court?
    Thanks
  • Pmcm_2
    Pmcm_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    p.s on the last page for submission it asks for which court i am making my claim to. It has Ireland already selected and I can't change it, underneath that I have put the details of my local where i intend to submit, is this correct?
    Thanks
  • Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Japtrupusz,
    I sympathise with the journey and the experience you suffered, having also been a 'victim' of a Ryanair diverted flight I know first hand how upsetting and vulnerable you can feel as a passenger.
    Firstly I feel that no claim under EU261/2004 is applicable as the weather at EMA I'm sure would have closed the airport ( and living only 45 mins or so away can confirm the weather on Boxing Day night was pretty inclement).
    But under 261/2004 RA, still have a duty of care to get you from A to B as bought by your air ticket. It seems that this did not happen and partly so I presume due to limited resources because of the holiday period here in the UK.
    If RA didn't provide follow on travel as you describe then you are fully entitled to a refund of this.
    What I do hope is that you have a receipt for your taxi fare, RA won't accept any claim without it.
    If you have it - submit this to their customer services dept with some detail of your delay ....they should reimburse you.
    Thank you for your reply! yes I have just submitted my claim today! have all the recepits!
    I was in shock that Ryanair treats people this way.. the worst service ever! \i will keep you posted with the progress of my complain..
    I understand the bad weather was not their fault but abandoning all the passengers at the airport in London and not providing any transport, food, hotels or anyone from Ryanair who could provide us with some information was disgraceful! After four hours of people crying and shouting at the lady in Information service they sent someone who just advised to organise a transport by ourselves....I do not have any family in the country and there were no directed trains to Nottingham so had to book a taxi..Another story was that most of the people did not have enough money...:eek:
  • Pmcm wrote: »
    p.s on the last page for submission it asks for which court i am making my claim to. It has Ireland already selected and I can't change it, underneath that I have put the details of my local where i intend to submit, is this correct?
    Thanks

Pmcm,
    The response from Ryanair is of course what is expected. Yet they can't give you a reason as to why they can't comply with the boards recommendation.....same old Ryanair.
    Regarding your Form A, yes do include a copy of your response from AESA, also include a copy of your LBA/NBA, and a copy of RA's response to this.
    Briefly state in section 8 what happened, why you are claiming (EU261/2004 regulation) and the measures you have already taken to try and resolve this, this shows that as a consumer you have tried everything possible to make RA pay the compensation that they owe you.
    The court you are making your claim to is the court in the UK that you are using, I'm not sure why it has Ireland already selected?
    Ensure that you have stated the true cross border nature of the case and that the court you are using is because it is within the domicile of the appellant/ claimant which is yourself.
    Last thing, remember three copies of everything to your court for the ESCP, keep the original letters from AESA and RA in your 'claim against RA file'.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback