How to set time for tablet to cut from wifi

aayush
aayush Posts: 1,295 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Hi
Can Any one advise me re the above for Samsung Tablet glaxay tab5
await your response

Comments

• Hi, you can often set this up through your router, depends on the router though. SO what Wifi router do you have?
    Let me Google that for you...
  • aayush
    Hi, you can often set this up through your router, depends on the router though. SO what Wifi router do you have?

I have hyeroptic router but i use that for wifi for my phone but want to set up on tablet so it cuts off at certain time in the eveing
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    You should be able to set that in your routyer settings ..

Type http://192.168.1.254 into your web browser and when promoted, enter the username admin and the password quick.
  • danthemoneysavingman
    danthemoneysavingman Posts: 1,395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 19 April 2017 at 10:07AM
    A swift look suggested hyPeroptic routers do not have parental controls, and ppl recommend you get an additional router to achieve what you want. You may be able to do it on the tablet itself using 3rd party software like Qustodio, which is free for a single tablet I think, not used it in a while myself though
  • Ainsley1
    Ainsley1 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Forgive me if I get the wrong impression but you write cut off wi-fi not Internet.
    So is your aim to save battery power (router method would have little or no effect on that -third party software applies) or prevent access to network -router set up often best, depending upon router!
  • aayush
    Ainsley1 wrote: »
    Forgive me if I get the wrong impression but you write cut off wi-fi not Internet.
    So is your aim to save battery power (router method would have little or no effect on that -third party software applies) or prevent access to network -router set up often best, depending upon router!

Hi what i am trying to do is have wifi cut at say 8.30 pm on my tablet thus go to sleep
  • did you look into the above-presented possibilities? let us know so further help can be offered. Not trying suggestions means we will not get anywhere :-)
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can't you just set an alarm on the tablet, and then turn wifi off manually when the alarm goes off?
  • You could use various automation tools - IFTTT is pretty simple to use

You need the app installed on your phone, then create 'applets' on their website

To turn off wifi at a given time, you would create a 'date time' trigger and use it with the 'android device' service.

You'd probably want one that will turn it back on at a certain time. There would be nothing stopping a user from turning it back on again though once it is off.

Alternatively, there are android apps like Tasker that could be used for the same task.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    +1 for Tasker .. Best app on the market .. Also allows you to create standalone apps :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure