The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Hex2

The book seems to have made me look at things very differently and the difference today is noticeable.

The rug doctor machines are fab. I had used a few. Vaxs eyc but found tbem useless. This one realy did the job. It was worth every penny.

Today i realised i quite like housework??????????????
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Today i realised i quite like housework??????????????

:eek::eek::eek:
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Is there something that you're trying to avoid?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    :eek::eek::eek:

I know. :o
    Is there something that you're trying to avoid?

Shame, fleas, breaking my leg when I trip over something, stress, confusion.

Seriously I know what you mean. I have spent too many years paralysed by fear. Fear of debt, fear of the unknown/future, fear of life. Coupled with being disorganised and a awful procrastinator the added mess doesn't add anything positive to anything. Oh to add to it I'm a waiter. I wait around for things to change, wait around for permission to do things. Wait, wait, wait.

I'm sick to death of living like this. It's easier to live in a clean, tidy, clutter free house. Just by being in rooms which have been completed has shown me this. One negative is that it the other rooms are really causing me to feel stressed with the mess.

I have too much to do without this hanging over my head so it HAS to be done. It's too overwhelming for it not to be done. If it's not done all the problems with the house will just continue to get worse.

I was so excited when I mangaed to buy my house. It was scary too as I was on my own but it was something I wanted. It's was and is definately a project house, which is also what I wanted. It's a shame I didn't think about what it would cost. I'm trying to rekindle some of that excitement.

I deserve a nice place to live and it's no different to what most people do on a daily basis. Apparently there are no cleaning fairies.

This morning I have vacuumed, cleaned a window which was appealing and has been annoying me for months, put some washing in and painted a test patch on the hall. I want to get it painted today so I can get the old, horrible, stinking carpet up which the cat has recently started to use as a toilet. This problem has now been sorted by the way.It stinks and I don't want us to stink.

When the painting is done I'm going to clean and varnish the floorboards. It's something I have wanted to do for a long time but didn't get around to it. IF there are any more accidents then it can be moped and disinfected. It has got me wanting a console table though but that will have to wait.

Today won't be a NSD. I need more polish, bleach, surface cleaner and disinfectant. I have managed to use every drop of everything.

Have a good day all.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you........know what you mean about a project house, I can safely say ours was a project house too and it cost a fortune to do up xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We are a project house too, bought at top end of budget and then things didn't quite go to plan.

I've always felt slightly guilty about renting a rug doctor as we have an ancient vax washer but it doesn't really remove the dirt.

Trouble with the cat mess is that it soaks through to the underlay. One of ours was incontinent towards the end and I despair that the house probably smells of it although I have mostly gone nose blind.

I'm impressed with your transformation, but also impressed that you need to buy more cleaning stuff.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Keep at it. You are going great guns.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you........know what you mean about a project house, I can safely say ours was a project house too and it cost a fortune to do up xx

Yes it's difficult. Especially when you're as disorganised as I am. I've been at if for the past 15 years. How many different decisions I would have taken in hindsight.
    hex2 wrote: »
    We are a project house too, bought at top end of budget and then things didn't quite go to plan.

I've always felt slightly guilty about renting a rug doctor as we have an ancient vax washer but it doesn't really remove the dirt.

Trouble with the cat mess is that it soaks through to the underlay. One of ours was incontinent towards the end and I despair that the house probably smells of it although I have mostly gone nose blind.

I'm impressed with your transformation, but also impressed that you need to buy more cleaning stuff.

Yes. See above. I had proper house buying goggles on and didn't engage my brain regarding the costs of doing it up.
    Keep at it. You are going great guns.

I will do. I need to.:)

Today's has been very up and down. DS had a full on autistic meltdown in T3scos this morning. I ended up sitting on the floor of the wine aisle, trying to hug him through it and crying in public. Something I have never done it before. Never mind. Time to move on.

This afternoon I have applied to transfer my mortgage with the same supplier and would save £50 per monthly payment. It my money saving haze I didn't notice the 3% transfer fee. When the documents come I have 14 days to decide. I may not go through with it.

It seems that in my panic to get rid of debt I do things without thinking it through. I wonder how I got into debt.:o

The bedroom and kitchen are still tidy but the rest of the house is lagging behind. I'm taking DS to park in a while then when I come back will continue with the big house sort out if I can find some energy. This morning has really wiped me out. _pale_

Universe please furnish me with a brain, some energy and some guts. ;)

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Much sympathy from me on the meltdown, it's really hard just having to suck it all in.

If it helps you have inspired me to get on instead of just despairing at the house. I've booked a long avoided oven clean for next week which means as a minimum the back hall, kitchen and cloakroom must be fit to be seen. I can't book the rug doctor till enough carpet is visible to make it worthwhile. I've hand scrubbed the back hall floor instead of just taking the surface dirt off with the steam mop. I've downloaded the sample chapter to read later.

Maybe work out the break even point on the mortgage transfer? I worked it out for the credit card and thought the reduced stress was worth the fee, and as it happens it worked out cheaper for us.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • When I last transferred my mortgage within the same bank I pointed out that they were charging me the same as a new customer and that I wasn't happy as I'd given them first refusal of my business. They waived the £1k fee. Might be worth a go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure