First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • Clairebare1
    Options
    prosaver wrote: »
    No probs:beer:
    Anyway read all the post and it seems they did take out a lintel .
    Unfortunately it wasn't just a lintel, it was 16 of them - with the largest being over 2.3 metres long.
    You might have to take some plaster off ..however if he took the lintle out wouldnt the bricks fall down?
    We had to have our house supported by acros to stop it doing just that.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ..however if he took the lintle out wouldn't the bricks fall down?
    They don't fall down immediately, it's a gradual process.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thought you could buy one of these and search for the lintle above the window, about 6inches ?
    http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-cordless-3-in-1-hand-detector/263988_BQ.prd worth a try?
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • Clairebare1
    Options
    Martin Lewis retweeted my tweet today

http://!!!!!!/2dcqxJW
  • Clairebare1
    Clairebare1 Posts: 86 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 11:49AM
    Options
    Just thought you could buy one of these and search for the lintle above the window, about 6inches ?
    http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-cordless-3-in-1-hand-detector/263988_BQ.prd worth a try?
    Hi prosaver, thank you for the link to buy one of these. My husband already has one - but there was no point using it when it all happened because I was holding the lintel in my hand!
    We have huge steel lintels in now.
  • Sash_expert
    Options
    This is terrible, how are you getting on now? I am a sash window renovator covering Suffolk if I can be of service to you all
  • Clairebare1
    Options
    This is terrible, how are you getting on now? I am a sash window renovator covering Suffolk if I can be of service to you all
    Thank you for the offer Sash expert, but unfortunately we no longer have wooden sashes to renovate - we are wishing we had gone down that route now.
    One of the new windows broke just over a week ago, so need to get that sorted too now. I hope they all aren't going to be like this!?!
    Ventrolla phoned us about a week ago and said that they are unable to do some of the jobs on our snagging list - although looking at it I would probably say about 70% they cant do. So much for hassle free / no maintenance windows!?!
  • imho
    imho Posts: 2,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think Ventrolla is a Franchise can you find out the main Head Office and tell them your story? Ovibously not the office your dealing with as in my opinion that office should be shut down.
  • Clairebare1
    Options
    imho wrote: »
    I think Ventrolla is a Franchise can you find out the main Head Office and tell them your story? Ovibously not the office your dealing with as in my opinion that office should be shut down.
    Unfortunately it is the head office in Harrogate we are dealing with and have done since the very start. They used to be franchised, but haven't been for a few years, as far as I know. Dealing with their head office is as painful as pulling teeth, perhaps parent company is next in line to hear the story!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure