Jazee's Diary

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for popping in Piquant. Yes, definitely a jacket with a hood, I've chosen one online at half price. My DS will pick it up for me, hopefully today.

This morning I'm back to the paid stuff, but getting my priorities right, have just squirrelled away £65 to savings.

I hope anyone reading has a great day.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Morning readers. The jacket I had intended to buy has been sold to someone else so I need to find another one. Will soldier on with the hood- less coat for now.

A strange thing has happened with the post that has been delivered today. Possibly for the first time ever....both letters contained 'money' or news of it. The first was SickDog's insurers paying up for her claim (the letter did upset me though, nicely written as it was) and the second was a £20 @rgos gift card for taking out new insurance for LittleyDog. Initially they said I although I applied before their deadline because the direct debit didn't come out till after it, I wasn't entitled. Obviously they've changed their minds.

And I've been to the shops to get a few bits to see us through to the end of next week, spent under £30 including alcohol for the new year.

Time now to take the doggies for a nice long walk in the sunshine, so much better today without the strong winds.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Another lovely walk in the sunshine today. I walked by the river and was surprised by how close the defences came to being over run with water during the storm surge a couple of weeks ago. The local farmer had said it was close, but still shocking seeing it with my own eyes, the village had a lucky escape.

Best laid plans and all that, apart from dog walking I had planned a day relaxing at home. But my car that I share with DD has a problem with the back lights again, so I've needed to do runs for her to the paid stuff and back until hopefully we can get them fixed tomorrow.

Finance wise, SickDog's insurance will be used to get DH's car serviced, so I don't have to use savings.

And I've decided to enter a many competitions as I can (if I want to win the prize) on the comps forum. I'm usually quite lucky but haven't really concentrated on entering much this year.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • Jazee
    Options
    I had a NSD yesterday and have this morning squirrelled away another £5 to the savings account. I daren't move across any more as I don't know how much the car will be to repair, and have had to be bank of mum and dad to DS again.

Hope everyone reading has a good day.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Another £15 squirrelled to savings today as the car only cost £10 to get fixed yesterday. Also the insurers have repaid a couple of SickDogs premiums, so all good so far today.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Happy New Year diary and any readers. We actually managed to stay awake to midnight, although DH did have a snooze mid evening. OldDog was not too bothered about the fireworks for a change so I was asleep by about 12.40. Still woke up around 6 this morning though.

It's been a busy morning. We popped over to York to visit DS, I've walked the dogs in the pouring rain (my new coat is amazing) and put clean bedding on DD's bed ready for her return tonight, and put the hoover quickly round the house.

In good resolution style, I'm now going to enter some competitions.

Oh and I have four free packs of flower seeds from the front of cereal packets, so they'll be some colour in the garden this year as well as vegetables. The cauliflowers are still growing by the way, I may eventually get to eat them.

Also, technically I suppose I am now debt free in that my share holdings equal my debt, except that the value of shares can go up and down, and the bank still want their money!

I hope everyone is having a great New Year's day.
  • Jazee
    Options
    This morning I have squirrelled another £15 to savings, and also put my first £10 into the £365 in 365 days challenge account. This will take me to next Monday. As I already had £7.50 in the account the balance is now £17.50 and I'm intending from now on to put £14 in each Monday as I'm aiming for £2 per day to the end of November to pay for next Christmas.

Oh and yesterday was a NSD.
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning! A belated Happy New Year to you! Congratulation on being virtually debt free!!

A good start to the savings. I'm saving for next Christmas with the sealed pot challenge, although in my case it's an empty whiskey jar, fair bit of change in there already. Well done on the NSD, I'm hoping for one today too.
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• Jazee
    Options
    Thanks Piquant. It's quite exciting starting the new year challenges, isn't it? I was just looking at your signature, well done you!

I'm hoping for another NSD today too.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Another £5 to the saving this morning but yesterday wasn't a NSD as I had to buy a new light bulb and DH got some shopping bits on his way home, nothing we needed so I must stop him doing that as it's eaten into a large chunk of this week's grocery budget.

Got another 3 free packs of flowers seeds from the cereal packs though!

I hope anyone reading has a good day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport