PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Sunday 9th July 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning chums wide awake again at silly o'clock,very humid and uncomfortable night ,and I am feeling like a wet dish towel at the moment ,also have a sore right eye and I think the beginnings of a cold coming on. Sun is up and burning of a light mist already .I am just going to make myself a pot of tea and then shower to cool down a little. Its Sunday morning so menu making for the week then a general pottering around I think with lots of tea in between .

Hope every one has a good day what ever you are doing

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

JackieO - thanks for starting us off x The germs that are floating about at the moment seem to be lingering - I had an awful sore throat virus a few weeks back with which I nearly lost my voice, it eased off and I thought it'd gone - this week it's all come back and now I have an awful cough with it! Other people have had the same too.

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH and myself are up enjoying first cuppas of the day, boys still in their pits.

Dinner was a naughty takeaway last night - menfolk had been outside all day assisting the workman and work is not quite finished but will be next week, further wood is required because in true woman style the workman gave me an further option to slightly adjust the design which I took but means a bit more work next weekend, looking really good though, I'm really pleased.

Today DH and I have a few jobs to do - he's managed to arrange with a friend to come and collect our knackered sofa and old blind and take them to the recycling centre (aka the dump), then once that's done, we're going to an out of town shopping outlet 20 or so miles away as I desperately need new underwear and they have a m&s there, also a clarks and I have a voucher - hoping to only get stuff at a bargain price though. Tomorrow night after work we have to go to the next town to collect our new sofa and foot stool, but once all these jobs are done, it shouldn't be quite so busy!

I have some damp washing to put out on the line, workman had to take the line down yesterday and it's been given a new position so the damp stuff will go back out this morning.

Foodwise for today I cheated as I knew we were going to be busy, I bought some ready meals so at least the boys can do theirs when they're hungry and these particular ones they said are lovely as they had them when we were away earlier in the year. I will need at some point to organise the pack ups etc for tomorrow.

DH went into work yesterday morning and they desperately needed a new worker as one of the others has left and they've been managing whilst they find a replacement, someone was interviewed yesterday and starts in 3-4 weeks, so looks like DH will continue filling in until our hols then new person will start either the week we get back from hols or the following week, this will take the pressure off somewhat.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Jackie, hugs to those in need, waves to Lame Wolf.

One set of curtains hung, there is a blurry pic on my blog, I'll leave them to hang for a while in case they drop and then I'll finish the hems, they also sag at the top as there aren't enough hoops to hang the curtain hooks to. We are replacing the bass bars at some point so they will do for now.

I will try to get the next set done today but I have to check on DS's cats twice today so I won't have a lot of time.
    I put the immersion heater on at 6 so there should be enough hot water for a shower now.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Sleepy from Sussex here :o but last day at work today then two days off :j I cant wait, yesterday was not a good day at work we had one of the weekend staff go off sick which left three of us there to try and do everything its so stressful at weekends :(

Lovely dd and OH did the housework yesterday and dd got some shopping in so nothing much to do today, there is pizza chicken or fresh pasta in the fridge so plenty of choice for dinner.

The back hedge needs cutting so I might ask OH to do that today, I don't want to disturb the birds though, I wonder if they have finished nesting, its full of birds in there !

Right I had better get on have good days all xx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off Jackie

Yesterday I spent an hour or so at a school fete and bumped into someone who I hadn’t seen for nearly 10 years. We had worked together but she had moved to the USA because her husband was American. Sadly he passed away about 4 years ago and she has returned to the UK to live. Her children from her first marriage still live in the area. As I was going to go for a wander in the park she said that she would come with me. It was lovely to sit in the sunshine catching up, a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Today will be much quieter. I don’t have much planned other than a bit of light housework and a couple of catch up phone calls, but I’m sure that I will manage to fill the day, I usually do, although sometimes I look back over the day and wonder what I had actually done :).

Anyhow, I had better go and get organised and get some more tea.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Bit cooler and cloudy here today which will suit the dogs as my old girl especially was suffering in yesterday's heat. Didn't do much at all in the afternoon, lots of cricket watching and reading.
    We had Paella in the end which have to say was delicious, today it's Saltimbocca style chicken with new pots & salad.
    Not masses planned, DOH said he will cut the grass and I will probably do a bit of dead heading, my baskets look lovely especially the deep purple petunia one and the bees are loving it.
    Have a good day folks x
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,669 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning folks and thanks JACKIE for kicking off. I slept much better last night but still feel half doped! I think it's thanks to the weather, which is quite draining.

Good job I had no plans for yesterday as DS appeared to watch the rugby and ended up staying for both breakfast and lunch. Finally leaving mid afternoon to go shopping for some nice bits as he was making dinner for GF last night, as she had been working all day. Too late to start any jobs by then (my excuse anyway) so me and Mr TA went to sit outside in the sunshine and I carried on with my book. So all in all quite a lazy day and I didn't have my bus ride into town after all!

I attacked my disgusting grey roots last night, so I no longer resemble a skunk, and am ready to face the hairdresser for my appointment on Wednesday morning!

I fear today may be another lazy day. Another nice one is forecast so just a quick whizz round with the vac this morning and then may get a bit of garden pottering done after lunch, followed by feet up in the sunshine with my book methinks. Chicken fillets defrosting for lunch which I am doing au gratin style with a cheese sauce topping and a sprinkle of crumbs, grated cheese and leek. (Sort of copied from a restaurant meal I enjoyed recently) Will have with salad and baby roasties I think.

Have a good day folks and (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad and worried who want one. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning all
    Thank you for thread Jackie.
    Went to see mother yesterday morning, not sure why as she hardly spoke to me.
    Don't really like shopping but needed a new toothbrush, checked prices online and went to Asda. Online £20 in store SEL £80, asked really helpful lady on self scan and she confirmed it should be £20. Then saw same toothbrush on end display £60. Makes shopping so much more difficult if you have no idea of price.
    Too hot to cook, so will have chicken and salad. Got some free strawberries and elmlea cream thanks to TCB so pudding sorted, freebies always seem to taste better :D

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

Jackie look after yourself missis sounds like you are coming down with something maybe you need a chill you are very full on busy all the time

Another gorgeous day here today :j no real plans bar lunch with a friend and hopefully some time in the sun with a glass of wine in my hand :beer: No intention of doing any cleaning today ..its my day off ;)

Yesterday had a lovely wander round the local school fete and bought a cup cake to have with my dinner. Scrummy.

Enjoy your sundays everyone :)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning.

Well, in contrast to everyone else the rain is tipping down here again. High winds are battrering around the house and low white cloud is covering everything up. :(

Last night I turned my light off at about 10.30 and apart from a foray to the loo about 4.40 slept all the way through until 20 minutes ago. After my loo visit I started to listen to the Saturday Live podcast as the main guest was Alexie Sayle. It was very interesting so I'll need to go back to it and start again as I fell asleep too quickly.

No plans for today. After booking my Edinburgh trip yesterday one of my ex colleagues suggested we meet up there in September with another ex colleague. Wish she'd asked about an hour earlier! Anyway, booking changed and I can carry the loss of the 50p bus fare.

Another old friend sent me a message this morning about going to a concert in Glasgow in November. She'll do all the bookings, mostly because she's a control freak, a very lovely one though.

Unless the weather clears up there will be a lot of reading being done.

Happy Sunday to all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport