PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Do you have the skills to spot the best buy?

Options
13»

Comments

• National_Numeracy
    National_Numeracy Posts: 48 Organisation Representative
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mse_basmati_rice_reply.jpg
    Official Organisation Representative
    I’m the official organisation rep for National Numeracy. MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,745 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Blimey, you lot are a suspicious bunch. Name and email address doesn't really constitute huge invasion of privacy issues. Use a throwaway email if you want to separate potential junk from the important stuff - that's what I do.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Blimey, you lot are a suspicious bunch. Name and email address doesn't really constitute huge invasion of privacy issues. Use a throwaway email if you want to separate potential junk from the important stuff - that's what I do.
    I guard my email address, mobile number and landline number with the ferocity of a mother tiger.

It's given to people/organisations who need it - maybe to confirm an order or to contact me about a collection.

As a result, I don't get calls about PPI, illness on holiday, accidents at work etc.
    I get very little spam in my inbox.

Doing this online numeracy test just isn't that important to me to warrant giving out my personal details.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I guard my email address, mobile number and landline number with the ferocity of a mother tiger.

It's given to people/organisations who need it - maybe to confirm an order or to contact me about a collection.

As a result, I don't get calls about PPI, illness on holiday, accidents at work etc.
    I get very little spam in my inbox.

Doing this online numeracy test just isn't that important to me to warrant giving out my personal details.
    It amazes me the amount of websites that insist upon a mobile number - presumably they think that everyone has a mobile phone these days. I only have a phone for emergencies, so if they insist on a number, they get given a string of zeroes.

I'm not too keen to give my real name to something I'd only be doing "for a bit of fun" style of thing, either. At least with MSE you get to use a screen name.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure