IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye PCN for parking in Mother and baby

Please help I got a windscreen PCN from Parking Eye for parking in a Mother and baby space at an ASDA store. At the time of parking in there I was with my GF who is currently pregnant and only parked in there as she believed it was ok to park there if you're pregnant as well.

When we returned I had received a ticket when I checked the evidence online the agent only took pictures of the front and rear of my car in the space and the inside driver and passenger seat, they never took any pictures of the inside of the rear of the car and the 2 car seats in the back as I routinely drop the GF and the kids to the store and park in mother and baby when I return to pick them up when they finish.

Any help appreciated I only have 2 days remaining of the initial 14 day window as someone told me just ignore it as they can't enforce it.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 March 2017 at 9:56AM
    do not IGNORE this

yes it could be enforced in court , so that "someone" is a moron

PE issue about 25 thousand court claims per annum, read up on the BARRY BEAVIS case, he lost 3 times to 11 judges in 3 courts, get that "someone" (moron) to read up on it too , then come back and say they cannot be enforced ;)

now read the NEWBIES sticky thread at the top of this forum

appeal as keeper using the BLUE TEXT template

none of the circumstances you mentioned will help in any appeal and possibly not in court either, although those spaces are not legal unlike the ones for disabled people which are

so all the guff you posted is irrelevant to popla or to any judge

to win an appeal or a court case you would win on legal arguments , so you need to study the NEWBIES sticky thread carefully

and a landholder complaint is the best way to get this cancelled (online complaint on the main ASDA website and a complaint to the instore manager too) , so try that AS WELL as the online blue text appeal

do not give away the drivers details
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    This must be a self-ticketing job as PE very, very rarely have any boots on the ground. It will likely be an Asda trolley collector with a smartphone.

Get into Asda and get the manager (not the CS fob-off frump) to cancel this. But you may have a bit of a struggle because they get very precious about P&C spaces.

This is in parallel with using the appeal process outlined in post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,050 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    as far as I know pregnancy is a protected characteristic under the equalities act.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    By definition, a pregnant woman is a mother and baby. It's also sexual discrimination if that's what the signs actually say.
    Those signs are only a gimmick and serve no purpose, but why can't a father with baby park there?

Anyway, as well as appealing as already advised, go in store with your GF and ask for the duty manager. Take the kids if they are available as well. In a forceful but polite voice tell them you expect the ticket to be cancelled and ask what sort of customer service they are giving when a pregnant mother is targeted.
    Make sure there are other customers around to witness this disgraceful behaviour.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx wrote: »
    do not IGNORE this

yes it could be enforced in court , so that "someone" is a moron

PE issue about 25 thousand court claims per annum, read up on the BARRY BEAVIS case, he lost 3 times to 11 judges in 3 courts, get that "someone" (moron) to read up on it too , then come back and say they cannot be enforced ;)

now read the NEWBIES sticky thread at the top of this forum

appeal as keeper using the BLUE TEXT template

none of the circumstances you mentioned will help in any appeal and possibly not in court either, although those spaces are not legal unlike the ones for disabled people which are

so all the guff you posted is irrelevant to popla or to any judge

to win an appeal or a court case you would win on legal arguments , so you need to study the NEWBIES sticky thread carefully

and a landholder complaint is the best way to get this cancelled (online complaint on the main ASDA website and a complaint to the instore manager too) , so try that AS WELL as the online blue text appeal

do not give away the drivers details

I Contacted the store they just fobbed me off with the 3rd parties number.

As for the guff what I was getting at is right to ticket someone for non attendance of children if you park in parent and child and go instore to collect children? As I would think twice about doing that in future
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Never mind, just get the appeal right (use the template in blue writing in the NEWBIES thread and only choose 'registered keeper' in PE's drop down menu. NOTHING about who was driving!!

But you could add ''An occupant of the car is pregnant ('with child') which is why the P&C bay was properly used in this instance. I assume that the person issuing the PCN did not realise her condition.''

Oh, and make sure you DO WAIT will day 26 as this was a windscreen PCN. I have never known PE get it right and issue a postal NTK, when a person appeals online to them after one of their rare windscreen PCNs.

No NTK then wins it for you as keeper, at POPLA, as long as you don't shoot your toes off in the appeal - NO ADDED WORDS THAT SAY WHO WAS DRIVING. No flowery introduction about you driving and your gf being pregnant (see how I worded it 'an occupant of the car')
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • @Coupon-mad so don't do anything till 26 days has passed then appeal online?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yep, certainly wait and time it perfectly. I predict PE will forget the NTK even if they reject the appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • @coupon-mad i appealed online as keeper on the 20th March, i have now received a reply with my popla code but haven't received a NTK in the post yet.

What do i do now?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 March 2017 at 9:27AM
    LOU7illest wrote: »
    @coupon-mad i appealed online as keeper on the 20th March, i have now received a reply with my popla code but haven't received a NTK in the post yet.

What do i do now?

You appeal to PoPLA just like it tells you to do in the NEWBIES thread that you were asked to read. Use all the template appeal points available to you in post 3 of said NEWBUES.

What happened when you complained in store as I advised you to do?

Have you left negative feedback on the ASDA website/social media site?

Did you tell the person that advised you to ignore this that they were a moron, also as advised. Whoever it was needs seriously educating so that: -

1) They don't ignore their own PCN if they get one.
    2) They don't tell other people to ignore it. They are gong to lose a lot of friends if they keep on telling people to ignore these scam tickets.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business