*IMPORTANT* Do you have a Turkey confirmed on your Tesco Order for HD? Please Read..

Hi Everyone,

I know this is not a Grabbit but this is really important and there are more people veiwing this page than anywhere else on the site.

3 weeks ago I confirmed my Tesco order and had a fresh turkey crown in my shopping basket, yesterday I went in to add some more bits and after a while I realised that the turkey was not there anymore. I looked for it again to add another and there are no fresh or frozen turkeys available.

I called Tesco and said 'my turkey is not there and I can't find them online'. They THEN told me (reading from a Memo she had been given) that they had a problem with their turkeys and they were not going to be available. I asked why I was not told and she told me that I should have been emailed and called but as of yet I've had neither and my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow - 20th - and I would have been left with no Turkey.

They also told me that on the memo it stated that some people were calling to say that their Fresh turkey was not showing in their shopping basket but not to worry as they WOULD get a turkey. :confused: So, it seems to be something of a lottery as to whether your turkey from Tesco will arrive and you won;t know until it arrives on your doorstep. I've stuck a chicken in my basket to ensure I get something as this is all that is left.

The lady on the phone told me that the best way to ensure I got a Turkey was to - wait for it - go into store and get one!!!!!

So I might as well have not bothered booking the delivery and going into town to shop anyway - the fresh turkeys are not available until 20th December instore!!!!!!!!

Please can you ensure that anyone that might have ordered a fresh turkey on there online Tesco Home Delivery Order is aware of this problem. I am going to post this on the Tesco threads too so please don't shoot my down for spamming but I did think it important that everyone was aware of this problem because Tesco certainly did not tell me that my turkey was no longer available and if you have your delivery scheduled for Xmas Eve you'll be left with no food!! :mad:

I am going to turn the chicken away if the turkey arrives so everyone else should do the same as they can;t tell you if you'll get it on the phone but mine is not showing on my order either this or their end. :confused: :mad:

Sorry, I know you are going to moan at me but if you had your shopping delivered on Xmas Eve with no turkey then, for some, it would panic stations. So, I'll hang my head in shame and I think I'll brave the public slapping I am going to get from posting here. :o:p

Comments

• dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It is important but its still not a grabbit and in my opinion should have gone in the vent forum. The grabbit forum is the most read because it is filled with things that people want to see. Whats to stop everyone else posting what they consider to be important as well?
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Normally I am the worlds biggest moaner or so the wife says, but sometimes rules need to be broken especially if you order a turkey for xmas eve delivery and it doesnt arrive then you are completely stuck and need to fight the queues on xmas eve.

well done blue monkey for highlighting an issue to all moneysavingexpert readers totally agree that you needed to let everyone know about it.

Sorry to anyone who doesnt agree but remember........its Christmas

Merry Christmas to you all.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Thank you eslick this is what I thought too and I thought it needed the exposure to ensure that no-one else was caught out by this and dinglebert, while I usually abide by all the forum rules you clearly don't have friends/family/guests to buy food for an to feed on Xmas day!!

Just to add on from this, they would not be offering an alternative item, they have just removed them from orders so they can't be substituted for something else!! I'd rather send something back than end up with no meat for my Xmas day lunch and if people are upset by me informing people here then again, I am sorry.
  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    [quote=blue_monkey;7322657 dinglebert, while I usually abide by all the forum rules you clearly don't have friends/family/guests to buy food for an to feed on Xmas day!!

.[/quote]

Blue monkey I did not attack you personally and frankly the fact that you feel the need to attack me is pathetic. You have no idea of my circumstances. The fact is that I have 13 people coming to eat at my house on Christmas day. I am now bowing out of this and will not reply further to this thread.
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    think maybe cos of bird flu/..........
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    That's awful :mad:- I've really gone off Tersco and had already decided to avoid them in the New year. For me personally, I'm sick of seeing one price in the shop and a different (more expensive:o) price on my till receipt when I get home. This is a terrible way to treat customers.:mad:
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,039
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Turkey is over-rated anyway, so maybe they're doing you a favour! (and because people only tend to cook it once a year, they tend to over-cook to avoid any food poisoning, thus it making it dry)

Go to your local butcher and get yourself a nice joint of beef!!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Constantine
    Constantine Posts: 1,561 Forumite
    Dot Com Turkeys were picked this morning at my store and all orders placed going forward have been reserved.
    Who or what was I before you came in to my life
    I am not sure
  • Dot Com Turkeys were picked this morning at my store and all orders placed going forward have been reserved.

They took mine off of my order without telling me. How can they reserve one for me if there is nothing on my order to say I want one??

Maybe they found that there was not enough to go round and just started taking them off orders rather than turning up on doorsteps saying 'out of stock'. This was the fresh turkey crown and yes, probably because of the bird flu as I had an email from Waitrose yesterday telling people they had supply problems with a particular turkey and anyone who had pre-ordered was going to have their turkey subbed with another Free-Range one and they also offered a £10 gift voucher. I believe (this was the case last year) if Tesco failed to deliver a turkey they gave a £45 gift voucher as compensation - if they take them off the order so there is no turkey then they don't have to give compensation!! Sneaky!! The customer might just then think that they forgot to order it. I actually pre-ordered 3 of them to bumpup my order price and then last weekend knocked it down to one so there is no excuse, if they were ordering as per peoples orders then they should have had 2 extra for the shelf!

They probably are doing me a favour thb as I feel the same way but the family wants turkey - but they could of told me so I could have had some meat with my dinner on Xmas day!!

My stuff comes from Bishops Stortford.
  • The reservations are monitored daily. If they had all been canceled there would have been nothing to pick and a big change in quantities would have been noted - No store wants too many, or too few, Turkey's with a sell by of the 26th...
    Who or what was I before you came in to my life
    I am not sure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family