Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2)

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Managed to LO some new clothes (next size) in the sale in Primark for £1, perfect for nursery
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Uniscots97
    Just updated my cc with another small payment, less than £46 to go on that cc
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I didn't see your previous diary, but I'm sorry it got deleted. I'm sorry to hear about your health worries at the moment. Know that you have support here, and keep us posted :)

You sound like you're making good progress with your CCs. My aim is to keep chipping away too.
  • Hi, Uniscots, sorry to hear about your previous diary ( but it explains why I couldn't find it when I went looking for it)

Hope your throat is a bit better but if it isn't, perhaps a little bit of honey might help to soothe it, if you have any in.

Regards the credit card - its a wonderful feeling when you manage to clear it, isn't it? If you are quite clear in your mind what constitues an emegency, then I would certainly hang onto the card.With the others, it really depends on what amounts are on each card. Have you had a look at the snowballing techniques (think its in the cards and loans section). That may help you decide how best to tackle them.

Take care!
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 035. Fashion on the Ration: 24/66 coupons spent.
  • Uniscots97
    Lilith1980 wrote: »
    I didn't see your previous diary, but I'm sorry it got deleted. I'm sorry to hear about your health worries at the moment. Know that you have support here, and keep us posted :)

You sound like you're making good progress with your CCs. My aim is to keep chipping away too.

Thanks Lilith, going to subscribe to your diary. It’s good to see how other people are making progress with their debt. I was gutted losing my diary but mine this time around hadn’t been going long, I’ve heard of others losing diaries that had been going years.
  • Uniscots97
    Thank you for the tip about the honey CapricornLass. My throat is feeling a little better. There!!!8217;s so many bugs going round my work. The referral letter was sent at the end of last week, I called the GP to see what was going on. But they couldn!!!8217;t tell me what the waiting list is at the hospital. I was googling again (I know I shouldn!!!8217;t) and it said if you have a vitamin B12 deficiency you!!!8217;re more likely to suffer from bad reflux, which I do and I take tablets for it. So started taking vitamins again see if that helps everything. It can!!!8217;t do any harm.

Money wise I paid the money in that my Mum gave me and I!!!8217;m looking forward to making that last payment on my smallest cc. Going to go back to my snowballs and see what it recommends I do with which one to pay off next.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    What are all the numbers in your post?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Uniscots97
    Oh I don!!!8217;t know it looked fine when I posted it. I!!!8217;ll go edit it.
  • Uniscots97
    Its apostrophes thats causing it the !!!8220;!!!8216;!!!8220; in words!
  • Uniscots97
    Something is definitely not right, it doesnt seem to like any punctuation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure