Living richly; simply and debt-freely

Comments

• fridaysmiley.gif

Have a good day lovely GP and all Pilgrimers baseball-cap-smiley.gif?1292867552
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,065
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Maybe BG wants to talk to us too :)
  • greenbee wrote: »
    Maybe BG wants to talk to us too :)

'Tis what they would tell you I'm worried about! :rotfl:

Greying X #trialsandtribulationsofananxiousnovicemother :rotfl:
    Pounds for Panes £2,300/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (March) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £45/90)

Grocery spend March £174.96/215  Charity Blankets completed 1/24

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,971
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I think that BG would be telling us that they have the best parents in the world, who are kind, loving and generous; take them to see interesting new places and introduce them to new experiences all the time. Not forgetting all the cuddles, stories and conversations. :D:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Naw........ maddiemay, we've had Tearful Thursday, I reckon we'll be on to Floodgate Friday at this rate :cry::rotfl:

Greying X

• If needed....cry-smiley.gif?1292867577

4953c0566da0a31fdaaf7b705e021fdc.jpg
  • Good Morning :hello:

How lucky am I?

We got invited out to tea last night :D Our hosts cooked curry :D It was deliciously tasty food. Delicious. But do you know the real treat? It was being cooked for. I felt truly spoiled :D

I am however, laughing (in a kind way) at the fact that our, 'Saturday Night Out' is now over and done with by 7.30pm :rotfl:I wouldn't have it any other way though ;) And imagine how much cash it'd cost nowadays to go out and about drinking and disco-dancing until dawn :D

Friday night tea was left over pizza and the mrL wedges. The wedges were 65p for 750g. I would say they were an OK product. I would buy them again. The potatoes used actually tasted of potato :D The only slightly incongruous thing was that the coating was entirely reminiscent of the breadcrumb coating on fish fingers......... Not bad, just a little sense bending :D

The menu planner says 'bake' for today. I'm make summat up I think. I'm still on a high from last night :D

We were going to go out on a day trip, but the weather was supposed to be dire. We've woken up to rain, sure, but not lashings and lashings, as predicted :( We probably could have gone. Maybe we'll take a sanger out and about yet.

Right, best go off and find out what DH and Baby Greying are up to :D

Greying X

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,562
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Definitely a day for baking Greying - it's rained solidly all morning on my bike ride :eek: although thr sun has come out now I'm home and about to hop in the bath! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Must investigate potato wedges. My own attempts to make them frequently fail :o never tried bought ones though...
  • Good Morning :hello:

Well, best laid plans of meeses and Greyings...... I didn't do bake for tea last night. I was going to do something with the 3 avocados for £1 that I got from the overpriced on some things grocer. Unfortunately, they had decided to rot from the inside out (the avocados, not the grocers!) :( So into the compost bin they went. Hate wasting food, but they weren't appetising and the taste was bitter :(

Instead, i dug caponata out of the freezer, boiled up the remaining bit of pasta twirls that I had and sprinkled over some grano padano that I had grated for something else, and which had been languishing in the fridge for a week!

I will have to try to make a bake for this evening instead, as I have some left over egg whites that need using up today really. I shall put my thinking cap on as to what else can be included, to use things up and avoid buying more.

We didn't take a sanger for a walk yesterday :( It really peeves me when the weather forcast is sooo wrong for an area. We went out to see the gardening and non-gardening parentals instead. So now i have some HG tatties and some leeks to do something creative with :D Leek bake with creamy mashed potatoes anyone? Sounds like a plan :D

Today could be a nsd. I can't currently think of anything that we desparately need. But I will have to put a list together, as there are a couple of items that the 'last' has been taken out of the storecupboard for use. And do you know, i'mglad I wrote that, as I have just remembered that I ate the last banana this morning, so we're out of bananas. I will be spending after all!

How useful are these diaries!

Right, I'm away to find cuddles in close proximity and coffee at a safe distance :D

Greying X

• And I forgot to say, I found the mrL 'pick 'o t'week' extremely useful this week; carrots (1kg), Parsnips (500g), red onions (750g) and cherry tomatoes (250g) all for 29p each. We have filled us boots :D (the parsnips alone were 16p a bag cheaper than mrAl S6 offering).

Greying X

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport