Danske - package fees

I always looked at all the posts about reclaiming on missold PPI's etc and thought it wouldnt apply to us as we never paid payment protection on any of our current loans - may have done on old car finance HP agreements - but no paperwork or recollection of the companies involved .
Post came up on facebook tonight by MSE about bank charges!! - now we do pay these !!
Pay £11 per month for our current a/c with Danske (Northern Ireland bank) and have done for many years - we were told it was the only way to get the mortgage that we currently have without incurring extra remortgage fees. Perks are free travel insurance, and free overdraft - which is rarely used but good as a back up I suppose.
If I do go ahead and fill in the resolver form on the link - would this affect our mortgage - only have about four years left to pay and dont want the hassle of having to change it.
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Yes they will immediately cancel your mortgage and demand immediate full repayment.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Yes they will immediately cancel your mortgage and demand immediate full repayment.

Do you just make rubbish up as you go along ?
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Heng_Leng wrote: »

I think you missed a hint of ironic humour.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I think you missed a hint of ironic humour.

It's hard to tell with some posters on here :rotfl:
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Yes actually. When I read an OP from somebody who has been paying for a packaged bank account for years and suddenly decides to try to con the bank out of all the fees that they have been paying for years, not because of any genuine mis-selling but because they read something in a facebook post, it has that effect on me.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Yes actually. When I read an OP from somebody who has been paying for a packaged bank account for years and suddenly decides to try to con the bank out of all the fees that they have been paying for years, not because of any genuine mis-selling but because they read something in a facebook post, it has that effect on me.
    Yes. But, surely, if this money is being doled out left, right and centre, shouldn't we all have some? Why should it just be people who were missold PPI or packaged accounts? I've been a loyal customer for years, and, well.........I WANT SOME! NOW!
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite

I am not trying to con the bank out of fees - I was told that the only way I could remortgage - to add around £10k onto a £40k mortgage was to have this particular account for which I had to pay £11 per month - in our naivety we didnt think to question this. Up to you if you think this is genuine mis-selling or not, should we not have been given an option whereby we didnt need to pay a packaged fee.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    BOBS wrote: »
    I am not trying to con the bank out of fees - I was told that the only way I could remortgage - to add around £10k onto a £40k mortgage was to have this particular account for which I had to pay £11 per month - in our naivety we didnt think to question this. Up to you if you think this is genuine mis-selling or not, should we not have been given an option whereby we didnt need to pay a packaged fee.

You did have an option - take your business elsewhere! You chose to accept Danske's condition for offering you the mortgage, what makes you think you can change your mind now?
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    agrinnall wrote: »
    You did have an option - take your business elsewhere! You chose to accept Danske's condition for offering you the mortgage, what makes you think you can change your mind now?

what about the numerous others who appear to be reclaiming now ...........
  • MyOnlyPost
    MyOnlyPost Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    I agree if you were told that you had to have a packaged account to get the mortgage this is misselling unless the mortgage is only available to customers who hold that account
    It may sometimes seem like I can't spell, I can, I just can't type
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport