PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Mouldy shower curtain

Comments

• madmum33
    madmum33 Posts: 635 Forumite
    I wash shower curtains in the machine as well, but have found a good way to stop my pretty curtain going mouldy :D

You can buy thin white shower curtains for as little as £1 - hang one of those on the wrong side of your good curtain and it will keep the moisture off it, when the cheap one goes mouldy throw it away and get a new one! :)
  • Ice_2
    Ice_2 Posts: 3,486 Forumite
    yep me too in the washer with afew towels mine is thrilly and has a tie-back that goes with it got in boyes sale for £5.99 about 10 years ago now wash it in washer comes out like new I do mine about every 3 months or if it looks mildewy at the bottom actually mine doesn't get mildew it's pink lime scale I think but comes up a treat in the good old washing machine...:DI wash it on a 40 wash:D

Plans for 2009
    1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
    contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    i put mine in the washing machine to, i use normal washing powder and vinager - it always comes out clean - i hang it straight up again and it dries in no time at all.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Newgirl_2
    Newgirl_2 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ...and when it's clean, soak it in salt and water before hanging back up. Stops the mildew or mould coming back

Newgirl
  • when i put mine in washer it cleaned it but it came out all crinkly so now its back up hanging but looks like it needs a good iron on it which im not willing to do pmsl
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • Ice_2
    if it's so rinkled you can't bear it iron it BUT put a towel over the top of it so you don't burn the plastic...and ruin your iron...then get a cheap plain white one £1 from the poundland and stick that up with your nice patterned one...easily reusable as a dust sheet when it's had it's day...:D

Plans for 2009
  • LouBlue
    LouBlue Posts: 53,538 Forumite
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    i put mine in the washing machine to, i use normal washing powder and vinager - it always comes out clean

Which part do you put the vinegar in?
    A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • Ice_2
    LouBlue wrote: »
    Which part do you put the vinegar in?
    a cap full in the condition draw...it also cleans your pipes out if you do it once a month 1 cap of vinegar 1 table spoon of bicarbonate of soda...on a boil wash...
    also lou have found a site which you can do stuff with glitter for your name and loads of other stuff it's called
    webfetti
    give it a try it's fun:D

http://gallery.webfetti.com/webfetti/text/category/11/0/0/true/main.jhtml?1

Plans for 2009
  • LouBlue
    LouBlue Posts: 53,538 Forumite
    Ice wrote: »
    a cap full in the condition draw...it also cleans your pipes out if you do it once a month 1 cap of vinegar 1 table spoon of bicarbonate of soda...on a boil wash...:D

Thanks hun. ;)
    A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • Ice_2
    LouBlue wrote: »
    Thanks hun. ;)
    your welcome:D

Plans for 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure