How Do You Xmas Wrap Cellophaned Hampers?

I have made up about half of my Christmas Hampers. This is my first year doing it. Though it has just dawned on me.... how do you wrap them so that people don't see what's in them??? I give the majority of my gifts before Christmas Day, to be put under trees and oped on the big day. My cellophaned hampers are see through so everyone will know what they are.
Am I going to have to buy tonnes of wrapping paper also to wrap these large things? What does everyone else do? :confused:

Comments

• earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    This is the first year I've done them too, but I was thinking of using either tissue paper or thin (hence easily gatherable) christmas paper, and just following the same method I will with the cellophane.

The other option would be to put the tissue on first, then the cellophane over the top - use patterned cellophane and a matching tissue and it could look very effective.

I'm doing a 'gather it at the top and tie with a ribbon' method btw

:)
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    yes colourful tissue paper, especially red and green then the cellophane, big bow, under the tree and they can't see the contents. xxx
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • What If I Have Already Cellophaned Them?
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Why not look out for a cardboard box larger than the hamper, place the celophaned hamper in the box and wrap the box? This way they unwrap the box and have a surprise when opening Christmas morning.

To find a large box, perhaps there are some shops around only too happy to give you boxes.
  • TOBRUK wrote:
    Why not look out for a cardboard box larger than the hamper, place the celophaned hamper in the box and wrap the box? This way they unwrap the box and have a surprise when opening Christmas morning.

To find a large box, perhaps there are some shops around only too happy to give you boxes.

Good idea, i'm thinking I only to have one out of the 3 that I have made that i would need to wrap. I'll keep an eye open for a box in the office we forever have empty paper boxes :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure