Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Comments

• ginger_manx
    ginger_manx Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    As a veteran of these sales/threads (having been here every year lol) the sale is always on the Wednesday of the third week in Jan.

It is also a general rule that most SA's know nothing about the sale, and talk aload of rubbish about it.

It started on Monday in 2007...15/01/2007 :D
  • leeann79
    leeann79 Posts: 217 Forumite
    just been to lowestoft branch and the shelves are full woth 50% items and staff are still filling up the shelves
  • I went in to Newport yesterday too. Staff seemed to be having a sort out and having group disscussions on shop floor. Fingers crossed for wed. Thanks op
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    it's usually aroung the 18th.. My birthday is the 13th and I always get a £10 boots voucher and i spend it when the 75% sale start I really cannot see it being this wednesday
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • djbake
    djbake Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    i have items in my favourites that say 'Add to Baket' but when i try it takes me to a generic page anyone else having this??? The S&G tote bag is showing as in stock on my favs but wont let me add!!!
  • Was wondering if anyone knows.... I heard that the online sale last year was the day before the in store sale?? does anyone know if this is correct? and i assume from above posts it starts at midnight? xx Thanks xx
  • If head office have not made a decision yet then noboby knows when it starts! We and the SA can speculate all we like but I doubt very much if a decision has been made if no one can give a definate answer!

I think the best way we can help each other is to post if you know of a store with lots of stock left - that way if it does start suddenly then we know the places to go.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I am sure there was no 75% off online last year because the site couldn't cope the year before and kept crashing.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,837
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Please correct me if I am wrong but I am sure there was no 75% off online last year because the site couldn't cope the year before and kept crashing.

There was a 75% online last year, it started about 5 ish in the morning :eek:

I got hoards of bargains after staying up all night :beer:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thanks x is it on the same day as the store sale?? (this wed hopefully) or is it a day before? is it supposed to start at midnight but due to problems last year started at 5 ??
  • Justcoll
    Justcoll Posts: 239
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    mcewaj wrote: »
    Shoot me down but I am apologising if I shouldn't have posted this here and should have added it to another thread, but thought it saves everyone having to scroll down and read the other pages first!

I've seen so many posts on this forum starting off with these words lately. It seems such a shame that people feel they have to apologise when all they want to do is help other moneysavers.

Why is it such a big deal if someone posts about the same thing twice? Surely it isn't about grown adults being upset because the second person gets thanked instead of them? I have often seen a 'duplicate post' but missed the original and so wouldn't otherwise have benefited. I have also seen people duplicating mine and I just think "so what".

In another thread today I saw QUOTE:

I'm not sure why people are thanking OP as the post is really not very helpful, is it? Looking at other threads, the managers' specials seem to be store-specific but we don't know where or when the poster saw the stuff. /UNQUOTE

MSE never used to be like this and I'd just like to ask if we could get the old goodwill back, please and lose the pettiness.
    My message to that greedy wunch of bankers:
    Debts another fine mess you got us into!

If you see somone who hasn't got a smile, give them one of yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure