Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Comments

• I'm tempted to agree with the OP here, the SA's wont be told anything until the day before because customers are asking. If they get the SA's to tell people that it may not happen then people will swipe up what they want at 50% off to not miss out. Maybe I'm wishful thinking here but it seems strange to already to have loads of toys on clearance and then cancel the sale, I'm just not buying the story. :)
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • As a veteran of these sales/threads (having been here every year lol) the sale is always on the Wednesday of the third week in Jan.

It is also a general rule that most SA's know nothing about the sale, and talk aload of rubbish about it.
    What the Deuce?
  • rose28454 wrote: »
    I was going Bristol to see what stock levels were in Broadmead but unfortunately the road from mine was very icy so I turned around and came home. Anyone any idea what stock is like in Broadmead and Cribbs so I can decide where to go? Last year I went to Broadmead 1st and then on to Cribbs as it opens later. Somebody already mentioned Bath does not have much stock so will give that a miss. A bit short of money this year as I used most of my points for Xmas pressies and for a perfume set for DD's bday last week. Really want some more Totes slippers if they make to the sale. Think I will give the online sale a miss as it is too stressful. Lots of luck all.

hi.......my daughter said not much left at Cribbs but when I went in Broadmead friday there was quite a bit left!
  • cherry6
    cherry6 Posts: 677 Forumite
    Anyone know what Derby (Westfield/Kingway/Wyvern) stock is like? I am not able to get in for a few days and want to know if its worth the trip as I live 15 miles away. Ta!
    Please God, help me stop spending!
  • Jodie+Matt
    Jodie+Matt Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    I dont think the SA's will be allowed to tell people when the 75% off sale is, otherwise customers might not buy at 50% off as they will think 'I'll come back on wednesday' so I'm not going by what any SA's say. As for not doing a 75% off until february, that is highly unlikely, if they have done so well with the sale, which they clearly have looking at whats left in store, then surely what is left now isnt that high demand, so could hang around for weeks, doubt they will want that. If I was in charge of the sale I'd just think, we've done well, lets stick the rest on 75% off and see the back of it. Going by what people are saying about lack of stock it will all be gone within a couple of days. Surely they could do with the shelf space for all their new overpriced stock
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2011 at 9:52AM
    My local seems to be re-stocked with some items (a whole aisle of Gok and Fearne Cotton giftsets, and tons of the FCUK bags), and I really think they'll want to sell as much at 50% off as they can, people are still buying it (though I think a lot of that stuff is still overpriced at 75% off, lol). I really doubt it will start Wednesday.

Speaking of high prices, anyone notice that No7 nail polish is now £7?! That used to be a fav to buy with the no7 vouchers and get it for just £1.25. I don't know how they keep selling things when it's all marked up so outrageously. I'll probably save a voucher for some anyway as there's a new shade called "Sugar" coming out 26th January. It's part of the spring collection.
  • 58 thank for a bit of gossip?
    You must all be women :p

I highly doubt a sales assistant would be told anything about a sale untill they are told to stack the shelves the night before ;)
    this is not just gossip this is serious stuff !!!!! women(and men) up and down the land are clearing out cupboards and getting the black bin bags ready in prep for what is as highly a skilled operation as any military organisation could plan :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    honestly snakeeyes some people just dont get it ! !
    will be phoning my source a boots employee to find out more..
  • JINXUK
    JINXUK Posts: 561 Forumite
    cherry6 wrote: »
    Anyone know what Derby (Westfield/Kingway/Wyvern) stock is like? I am not able to get in for a few days and want to know if its worth the trip as I live 15 miles away. Ta!

A good amount is still on the shelves at Westfield. And with past experience loads more stock was brought out as people were grabbing the shelf sale stock when the 75% sale was on last year. I'm popping in on Wednesday for a look after school drop off. See you there maybe,lol
  • skibster wrote: »
    My local seems to be re-stocked with some items (a whole aisle of Gok and Fearne Cotton giftsets, and tons of the FCUK bags), and I really think they'll want to sell as much at 50% off as they can, people are still buying it (though I think a lot of that stuff is still overpriced at 75% off, lol). I really doubt it will start Wednesday.

Speaking of high prices, anyone notice that No7 nail polish is now £7?! That used to be a fav to buy with the no7 vouchers and get it for just £1.25. I don't know how they keep selling things when it's all marked up so outrageously. I'll probably save a voucher for some anyway as there's a new shade called "Sugar" coming out 26th January. It's part of the spring collection.

Anyone know what Maidenhead stock is like? My local Boots is Reading, which as Skibster has informed us of only seems to have the Gok giftsets/Fearne Cotton giftsets/FCUK bags, I'm after mens giftsets and some No7/Ruby and Millie/Sex and the city giftsets. From past experience, Maidenhead seems to have a better selection of stock (and some toys too !), so if anyone knows what the stock levels are like in Maidenhead and could post here that would be great. I might skip Reading altogether this year and just go to Maidenhead (or perhaps do both :) ) Thanks in advance.
  • I spoke to my friendly sales assistant in Boots on Friday and he said that the 75% off sale is definitely on this year and they are told a day in advance. The sale is normally on a Wednesday and he thinks it could be this week although not positive. I have to go past Boots every day so I will keep an eye out and report on here if I see that it's on!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure