PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

I have lost my OS ways, help!

Options
1116117118119120122»

Comments

• villagelife
    Options
    Aiming to have a busy weekend. I don't work Fridays so my weekend has already started. I'm working for 5 hours tomorrow morning but its double time and very little hassle so fairly enjoyable for work.

I've written a list of what I need to do and it includes lots in the garden. I need to sow more seeds and figure out the heater DH bought me on Wednesday. I need to dig more vegetable beds which will be needed when my seeds have grown.

Second load of washing in and hopefully will be able to dry on the line. The smell is so good.

I need to do a quick tidy up and shred some more letters that are starting to pile up.

We are seeing friends Saturday evening at a restaurant but it shouldn't cost too much and means that today needs to be aNSD and hopefully Sunday.
  • CyclingLondonSaver
    Options
    Evening all! Hope you have all had an MSE and OS weekend. I have just calculated my spending for February - pretty pleased as I've managed to keep it reasonably low again despite a few meals out. Now doing food planning for this week - hoping to pop into Lidl on my way home from work tomorrow.

Goodness, these weekends fly by don't they :(
    Fed up of paying off someone else's mortgage so saving for a deposit for my own home :D

As of 20/07/2015: £35000 / £35000 :T :T :j

Now saving for stamp duty and furniture
  • amandaatnumber7
    Options
    Goodness, these weekends fly by don't they :(

They sure do! Cant believe we're in March already

My Feb grocery spends came in low too but that's not necessarily a good thing as I found the food shopping to be quite stressful this month on a limited budget. Although my initial grocery bill did badly need to be reduced I have had to half it which has been a challenge BUT we are all still alive with full bellies!

Hubby and I have spent some more time in the vegie garden its looking really good. So far we have 2 different types of tomatoes, strawberries, a grape vine, pumpkin, rhubarb and garlic. Hubby is also trying to start some capsicum, lettuce and rocket seedings. So fingers crossed.

As I type I'm listening Hubby read to DS2, which doesn't sound like much to some be he is dyslexic so it brings a smile to my face that he will step outside his comfort zone for the our boys.

Its a public holiday here so were having a lazy day its 9.30am and I'm still in my pjs, I plan just to potter around today and maybe do some baking. I've taken some Beef silverside out for dinner so I will pop that in the slow cooker soon.
    Love people use things. The opposite never works.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Haven't posted for a while but have been reading most days.

Have menu planned for the month, as I usually do but planning on doing the shopping a bit differently this month.

Instead of doing a big weekly shop and a small top up shop I've decided I'm going to do a big monthly shop tomorrow and then hopefully just one top up shop weekly for fresh stuff like fruit, veg, milk & bread. I'm hoping this will reduce the monthly spend and give me more money to transfer to savings for bulk buys and/or Christmas.

I'm also hoping to have more NSDs - I've started well as today is NSD #2!

Denise
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Managing to eat mainly from stores with a small spend for fresh items.

Spent time in the garden and planted seeds - hopefully they will grow. I'm looking forward to planting them out. The chickens are producing lots of eggs at the moment which I love collecting.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everybody - trying to be OS but can be hard when working. I do cook from scratch most of the time but do have more takeaways than we should.

Today I'm not at work and plan to go out for a walk at a local pineitum.
    Then I'll spend some time in the garden if my back improves slightly.

I also need to clean my car. It really needs it. It's one of the tasks that I put off and off.
  • amandaatnumber7
    Options
    Villagelife take it easy with your back the car can wait :)

We're plodding along nicely I had a very productive cooking day yesterday as we were spending more than we should on food due to not being prepared.

Not got a great deal to report everything is a bit quiet around here atm, I was hoping to sell a few things on FB so I could go shopping at Ikea next week with my girlfriends but no bites as yet

Hope everyone is having a great weekend
    Love people use things. The opposite never works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure