L&g s&s isa

Options
I have an L&G S&S ISA set-up in 2008 through Nationwide. Never really looked at what was happening with it, simply noted the current value and filed away the yearly statement.

Does anyone have experience with L&G? I've registered in their IPS site and will get a login password sometime in the next 5 working days.

I currently pay a DD of £50 p/m into it.

How do I go about changing the DD amount?

Can I pay two different DDs each month from the same current account? Can I pay in from two different accounts?

Ultimately I want to review whether to stick with L&G, change funds etc

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's not the L&G bit that matters, it's which funds you are invested in and how much you are being charged currently? Do you know?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I understand why you ask re funds/charges but at present all I want to know/find out is with regard to funding by Direct Debit. How do I change the amount, can I pay two or more separate DDs per month from the same or different accounts etc?

I'd like to think that I can see this when I log in but having logged in to L&Gs Pension account, I can't see that information there at all.
  • jimjames
    Options
    Normally to change the DD you just contact the provider and tell them the new amount.

You can pay any DDs from a current account, I have in excess of 20 but I'm not sure I understand the question and what you are trying to achieve?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You will also have the N version of the funds which are the more expensive ones.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • TheShape
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    You will also have the N version of the funds which are the more expensive ones.

Does the 'N' denote Nationwide?
  • TheShape
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    Normally to change the DD you just contact the provider and tell them the new amount.

You can pay any DDs from a current account, I have in excess of 20 but I'm not sure I understand the question and what you are trying to achieve?

It's not really a question re investments.

I'd like to know how to change the DD amount anyway but being able to split the funding into separate DDs will have a secondary bonus of giving me more DDs for Current Accounts that require DDs for switches and rewards.

I put the thread here because I thought someone might have experience of this S&S ISA in particular.
  • Jeems
    Jeems Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Easiest way is to call them, I had an ISA with L&G with Nationwide set up in 2009. I found their customer service team very helpful.
  • jimjames
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    I'd like to know how to change the DD amount anyway but being able to split the funding into separate DDs will have a secondary bonus of giving me more DDs for Current Accounts that require DDs for switches and rewards.
    As above you need to contact the provider and tell them the new amount you want to pay. It's unlikely that they will setup multiple DDs, it's all done via one payment that then buys whatever funds you want.
    Have you looked at the threads on here about creating DDs for current accounts?
  • TheShape
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    As above you need to contact the provider and tell them the new amount you want to pay. It's unlikely that they will setup multiple DDs, it's all done via one payment that then buys whatever funds you want.
    Have you looked at the threads on here about creating DDs for current accounts?

Thanks for that. I've viewed the main DDs for current accounts thread and that's helped enormously.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure