NST - Stupendous Sextilis

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Rules:

Allocate
    Food I have Sains vouchers 50 pounds which I will use up and try to just spend 40 pounds on top. No surprise visitors this month.
    Petrol usually 40 pounds but may need bit more so increase to 60 as going away one night.
    Treats one night away 100 pounds to include hotel cost. Other day/ nights out 30 pounds total. Just bought annual zoo membership so will be taking gs there a lot.
    House - finally found men who will do some jobs - not sure of cost until next week. Hourly rate is reasonable just need to see time they will take. Find out next week.

Use (Up) – No new clothes to be bought at all. Need to declutter what is taking up wardrobe space.

Upcoming (holidays) – Only 1 night away so looking forward to.

Spends – 15 SFD it will be.

Time (for yourself) – Going to finish 2 books as keep renewing them and not had any time to read them, full weekend with Grandkids this weekend. Packed them off home at 8pm last night, 1 hr clear up and then Poldark. Where was the weekend.??

Grateful for
    Accounts balancing in work today.
    Lovely weekend with family even if hectic
    Hopefully some me time tonight.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Well I've not had the best start to the month already (I know it's not officially until tomorrow, but I got paid on Friday so I always feel like the month starts on payday). My phone died, I have savings but it's all allocated for one thing or another so I bought a new handset - £200 - from Very as they had a 0% for 12 months offer. Basically going to make a payment a day until it's paid for, should only take a couple of months.

I also had to take my gpig to the vet on Friday as he's been unwell - not sure what the matter is, he's perked up a bit but still not 100% bless him. £70 lighter again and the vet fund is empty. I predict further visits :eek:

Aaaand finally, I went to get in my car last night and I had a flat tyre. As it's a small car there's no spare, so I've had to work from home today to get it sorted - still waiting for the man to come back with the fresh one. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but yesterday morning I bought some new brake pads and discs so I actually used what was in my car fund, only for the puncture to happen the same day! Another £85 spent. I had to rejig my budget, have been able to cover £60 of the cost, £25 is on the cc which I use for emergencies, not a massive drama but the worst timing!

Here's hoping that's my bad luck out of the way lol.

Rules:

Allocate – set your budgets for the month – my budget is all done, and done again thanks to car probs. :p August is a 5 week month between paydays so always a bit tight. I'm hoping as a treat I'll be able to spare some money to go horse riding in Norfolk when I visit my parents in a few weeks' time as the scenery there is lush, but we'll see how we go. Got a few other fun things planned which are already paid for.

Use (Up) – no new clothes needed, holiday has been and gone and I think I only bought one new item for that! I'm going to try and use up food as I did a big clear out of the cupboards over the weekend and found food (mainly snacks) that was over a year out of date :eek: I HATE wasting food, but that was pushing it even for me.

Gratitudes – hopefully have had all my negatives out of the way in this post so can start with the positives on 1st August lol.

Upcoming (holidays) – I'll just be working - no kids here so no ideas I can share unfortunately.

Spends – going for 18 NSD's.

Time (for yourself) – really want to get back into meditation so have set myself a target of meditating twice this month, and also going for a nice walk around my favourite park. Small things do make a difference (to me anyway!).

Happy (almost) August everybody!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • Hi, Can I join please? We are going away on the 12th for a week in a caravan but that's all budgeted for I need to stop going to the shop for a loaf of bread and buying a load of rubbish I don't need hopefully this will keep me on track.
    Tesco £126/£0.00 - gone, 
    Cabot £150/£0.00 - gone
    Lowell £967.98/£248.50  left
    Lending Stream £1,137.00/£1,035.44 left
    Lowell £1,226.11/£1,116.61 left
    Old rent £2,211.00/£2,013.66 left
    Robway £2,298.43/£2,161.59 left
    Cabot £2,505.93/£2,282.08 left
    Robway £7,045.61/£6,616.09 left

Total £17,668.06/£15,473.97 Left 12.42% paid
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hello, can I sign up please?

Just back from our holidays and need to take control again. Family is nearly paid off but the CC crept up again.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 July 2017 at 4:30PM
    My Rules:

Allocate – will do that tomorrow. Hopefully will get some vet bills refunded this month

Use (Up) – I just bought some pumps on eBay so that's me sorted for ages. Will have to sort my wardrobe a bit and stop wearing the same things. Just had to buy DS a complete new uniform as two schools merge in the new year and everything changed. Had a £3 off voucher from Tesco and £11 club card vouchers, so only £21 spend. Need to check the shoe situation

The veg harvest is slowly coming in, got potatoes, carrots, beans and some others at least for the rest of the month. Kale and other leafy things I'll harvest and freeze as it gets ready.

Gratitudes – I'll try.

Upcoming (holidays) – only 2.5 weeks left and the holiday clubs are all booked and paid for.

Spends – we will have 15 NSD’s (unless you want to set a separate target).

Time (for yourself) – I found some lovely crochet projects that I want to get back into, I already started reading a lot more last month. And once my triathlon is over I'll partake in the weekly girly meet ups again.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Rules:

Allocate – set your budgets for the month – this needs to includes any money needed for holidays away, days out, maybe even school uniform/items. Make sure you have something allocated for treats.
    Once you have done your budget you then need to pay any surplus to your debts or savings.

Done. I had an extra £153 from overtime this month so a bit more to play with.

£850 straight into joint (OH will match this) - this covers all bills/direct debits and food. £275 for food (this includes alcohol). £50 'entertainment' money - This is extra treats money. Hope we don't touch it but I'd rather allocate it out than not for peace of mind.

£200 straight into wedding fund

This leaves me with £347. £100 straight onto credit card (I have done this and updated my signature). £25 on credit card min payment leaves me with £222. £50 on petrol for the month, £50 on new clothes (both of my jeans now have inner thigh holes - I've worn them out. I think it's safe to say my want has turned into a need as now I have no jeans at all!!) That leaves me with £24.40 per week for personal spending money - bit I'll call it £20 per week and keep it at that.

Use (Up) – we are going to try and use up as much as possible, whether that is clothes/food etc. Do you need new clothes for holidays or will your current clothes be suitable? Do you need those sparkly sandals when you have a similar pair in the wardrobe? Do the children need to replace all school items/clothes or can some from last year be reused?

Will endeavour to use up the food in the freeezer this month and eat from cupboards as much as we can.

Gratitudes – each time you post I would like you to post at least 3 gratitudes.

Will do (from tomorrow)

Upcoming (holidays) – what plans has everyone got for August? If you haven’t yet decided and are worried about keeping the kids entertained then now is the time to plan the month. Get yourself an A4 piece of paper and draw 31 squares and start filling in the days.
    Free activities are preferred - can we all share some tips?
    is there a friend or family member you haven’t seen for a while – plan a catch up with them.

No holidays here until after the wedding!

Spends – we will have 15 NSD’s (unless you want to set a separate target).
    Medical spends or days when the only purchase is reduced items do not count as spends.

15 NSD target set! I can do this!

Time (for yourself) – make time for yourself this month, I know its hectic for a lot of people so take time to have a coffee in peace, a bubble bath, indulge in a good book, do some colouring or something else that takes your fancy.

I have some wedding things planned this month - cake tasting. Will make sure I have a bubble bath and relax.

The challenge will run from 1st August 00:01 until 31st August 00:00.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi EE and all challengers

I aim to have 15 NSDs, food budget of £120 for the month and to use up as much as possible. I am wearing up my biggest clothes as much as possible then when they are baggy sending straight to the charity shop.
    It's my birthday this month so one weekend I probably will be eating out but apart from that a budget of £10 per week for treats and extras.
    Any spare money will be squirrelled straight to pay off our next years holiday and on a cash card for our holiday this year.
    I aim to walk at least 4 times a week ( living near the sea means really relaxing walks) and have an afternoon nap if I feel I need it.
    Anyway that is my plan for the month.
    Have a good month everyone
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello. Can I join in as well. Will post my targets once I've decided what figures to aim for.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi, I would like to join again please.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry I didn't get on last night, met up with a friend, ate something I shouldn't have and have been ill.
    Now off to work so will catch up tonight and add people to the list.

Thanks everyone for joining me for August
    t119007.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family