Dro help!

Hi just a quick question but my dro was paid and processed on Monday afternoon around 5, by StepChange, I have called them and they haven't heard anything back yet, and I'm not on the register yet?
Is this normal because I put my application in so late on Monday does it count as Tuesday?? I'm worried as I have bailiffs wanting to come in and take my possessions and I need this dro to be approved and I'm worried it won't be!? If it's been rejected would StepChange have heard back by now?? :-/

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Missmooo1987

Don’t panic that you haven’t heard yet, it doesn’t mean you’ve been rejected. If you haven’t done so already get in touch with your intermediary and have a chat with them.

With regards to the bailiff, what type of debt are they collecting? In most cases (unless they already have a signed list of your goods) bailiffs can’t force entry. It will be a case of keeping your doors locked (and car hidden if you have one) until you hear back about the DRO. I hope it all goes well.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Any update, Missmoo?

The DROs I submitted on Monday were accepted on Wednesday.

You did pay your £90 at the Post Office?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure