MSE Newborn to 1 year Club

Options

Comments

• ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, how is everyone and their little ones?

We are good here. I have finally found something he will eat for breakfast so that's a relief (mini shredded wheats!!), he's also so good at lunches and dinners, it makes life so ugh easier that he eats whatever we are having.

I handed in forms and paid a deposit for his nursery today which has made it feel more real that I do have to go back to work. Luckily its not til 1st September but I'm still not looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any tips how to help with what I'm guessing is separation anxiety? For the last week or so he has started to have full on screaming fits which can last for 45 mins and he ends up so hot and sweaty when I leave him with my husband, I really don't know the best way to deal with it.
  • minimuffin12
    Options
    hey everyone! cats I think it's normal, does she have a playmat? I had mine on theirs quite young and they would happily lie and kick their wee legs and look around while I hoovered/tided up.

think- glad you got nursery sorted. the separation is a tough one, I think cos they are so used to mummy being there all day and when daddy or.someone else takes over it can be a shock to them and they fret. my dd is so clingy and cries when.i hand her over at nursery-she's being going for over 6 months!! I know she eventually settles tho. I think with all things baby it's a phase that they grow out of. I think the more you leave him with hubby he will get used to you not being there. its all trial and error with kids!x
    Mum of 2 :j
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    I thought it was about time I joined this thread having loitered on the pregnancy thread since J was born on 2nd June- and also thought I'd bump it as we've had a baby boom there

We're gradually adjusting to life with a newborn, he's pretty good but we think he struggles with wind as he can kick his legs a lot and flex after a feed, he also has periods of being very unsettled (normally before bed) so not sure if he's colicky. We've started him on infacol so we shall see if that helps!
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Penguin I think we're looking at getting some Infacol as we seem to struggle with wind. Have the HV visiting tomorrow so will get her opinion.

A very clingy baby today, even the OH struggles to get him settled. I downloaded the wonder weeks app and he's still almost 2 weeks away from his first leap so think it's maybe just the weather and heat.
  • Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, think I'll join in this thread. Recognise so many from the pregnancy threads. My wee girl Catherine was one past at the end of May. She's getting on great and turning into such a wee character.

I've been back at work 3 weeks now and she's settled into her 3 days at nursery each week so great which I am so glad about as we don't have anyone near us who can look after her. I've settled into the working routine better than I thought too just have to be more organised now!

Absolutely love being a mum we are already trying for number 2 ;)
  • Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Whoops just realised it was for up until 1 year. I'll still post a wee bit since I feel like the year went far too quick and I should really only have a 6 month old :rotfl:
  • minimuffin12
    Options
    hey toots! don't worry about the thread only being up to age one, don't think anyone will kick us off 😁 hope work going ok, great that lo has settled into nursery! my dd didn't for a while but she is fine now. older boy loves it. congrats on trying for 2, I found it easy with one but love having 2 altho it's tough working (35hrs) and sorting the house and kids. most days I'm ready for a nap by lunch time!

congrats on the new bundles x
    Mum of 2 :j
  • penguingirl
    Options
    April- I think we have hit the first leap! Seems early, but they reckon it is based on due dates which would put J at the 5 week point. J is feeding every hour and super clingy. Plus we've had lots of screaming this morning. Thankfully we've not had any in the middle of the night since the first week- so much easier to manage it during the day! I'm currently still in bed in my nightie with him snoozing on me. I don't want him to be any bigger, but also really looking forward to hitting the 6 week mark when everyone says things get easier! Also I fantasise about getting more than 2 hours sleep in a stretch.. We've found our sling has helped, might be worth a try?
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi ladies

In less than 2 weeks Mia will turn 1! Eek! Where has the time gone? Proper little character coming out and she's walking confidently now, so had to get her some shoes. Got a clarks home measurer thingy, and then bought some second hand ones from eBay. Going to sterilise them first. She'll probably try to eat them though! lol

Separation anxiety is tough. She's getting better, but if either one of us is away for a day, she becomes very, very clingy. I tend to stick her in the high chair in the kitchen with some sliced grapes, or other snack, whilst I get on with things there when she's being clingy. Other than that, I don't have much wisdom to offer. I just had to let her cry sometimes, so we could get out the door (for example).

So glad the weather has cooled down. Found it unbearable!

Congrats to the newbies! Fantasising about longer stretches of sleep is completely normal, and they will come in time, I promise. In the meantime, maybe Daddy can take over for a night (if bottle fed), so you can catch up a bit?
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • penguingirl
    edited 23 June 2017 at 1:54PM
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    Congrats to the newbies! Fantasising about longer stretches of sleep is completely normal, and they will come in time, I promise. In the meantime, maybe Daddy can take over for a night (if bottle fed), so you can catch up a bit?

We're bf-ing so unfortunately can't do that just yet- we've had some latch difficulties so keen to wait a few more weeks before trying expressed milk in a bottle, although I have just ordered a haakaa pump and some storage bags to start building up a stash. I think OH finds it frustrating too as he doesn't feel he can help. My parents have come over a fair bit too to 'help' but other than take him out in the pram or something to allow me to sleep for an hour or so there's a limited amount they can do. Ah well, we will get there! Nearly weekend so OH can pop him in the sling or pram and let me have a snooze (currently J is snoring in the sling, but I know if I take him out he will wake up and scream!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure