Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• Hi all, finally got a bit of internet. All moved into new house and had an exhausting yet blissful few days....until AF came crashing into my life yesterday :(

I cried all morning then pulled myself together and went out with OH. Shopped til I dropped and felt better, wine last night, need to realise that every AF day is going to be hard. I am still awaiting my counselling appointment which hopefully will help as I feel the same as most of you in that I have no one to talk to (thank god for this place).

A053 - Sorry to hear about your meltdown, I think we all feel like that when we hear pregnancy news and it's just really unfortunate for the other person as we know it's not their fault but our emotions are just uncontrollable. I still hate seeing my FB feed with pregnancy news and bump pics etc, I feel awful being so bitter and think one day it might be me and I would hate people to be jealous and angry at me because of what I've gone through. Really tough and difficult situation :(
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2016 at 10:29PM
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD21 ButterflyBabe - 5DPO :cool:
    CD19 LittleMissGiggle - 5DPO :cool:
    CD24 firebird082 - 11DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? twigpig - Awaiting ov :o
    CD9 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD9 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD10 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 newthrift - Awaiting ov :o
    CD27 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD40 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD51 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD129 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD6 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD87 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • newthrift
    A0503 sorry you had a rough time with SIL but glad you were feeling better about it yesterday.
    Rachy glad house move went ok and sorry to hear about witch arriving, hugs xx

We go on holiday tomorrow evening but I'll be in the UK so I will post the daily list but possibly won't be joining in much conversation. I'm due to OV Friday so keeping up with BD'ing although we stepped off the every day but plan DTD most of this week.
    Baby dust to all x
  • A0503 - sorry to hear about that, what a horrible situation to be in.

Rachy - glad the house move has been done successfully, and sorry to hear AF arrived again.

Newthrift - good luck keeping up with the BDing!

Meanwhile I'm really bl**dy impatient. Symptoms pre-AF still not quite normal, but just trying to manage expectations so that AF's unwanted arrival won't be such an awful let down. I've been thinking far too many baby-related thoughts this last week, which probably means a huge crash coming. Hopefully not until after DH gets back on Wed evening...

Still sending positives vibes in everyone else's direction xx
  • athensgeorgia
    athensgeorgia Posts: 697 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2016 at 3:40PM
    Sorry AF got you Rachy. At least you're in the new house and can start a new.

A0503 really sorry what happened. I hope you're feeling a bit better now.

If AF being here wasn't bad it seems that AF has been a bit odd for me.

Sorry for a bit of tmi. AF started Wednesday. I've been heavy (not as heavy as in the past) but heavy and rather 'clotty'. Then Saturday nothing at all, so did the usual thing and started googling 3 day period. Over Saturday night bled again but only light, more than spotting but light. All day Sunday nothing again. Woke up this morning went to check my cervix and there was old brown blood and a bit more clotting.

I don't know if this is because of the PCOS, because of the MC or just because I'm bobbing on a bit now. I still think I should be grateful that I have some sort of cycle having spent so many years without AF but also feeling a bit sorry for myself atm. I don't think this past cycle being 50 days helped. :( There just isn't any consistency.

I've been putting it off but really think I need to go to my GP.
  • Hi all, how's everyone doing? Well I've been on a nice relaxing holiday and put TTC completely out of my mind, the only thing I noticed this month was my EWCM. Isn't it funny how you can spot something when your not obsessing about it? I've worked out that I am 5DPO if I could be updated please newthrift
  • Rachy congrats on your new place. Sorry to hear about AF :(

Still no AF here, another negative test yesterday and a giant row with OH over nothing.

My step-daughter also kept asking why were making another bedroom (she doesn't like the idea of us being in a loft room and not being really close by at night) so OH decided to tell her because we'd like to have a baby one day. She wants to share a bedroom with the baby so now we also have the pressure of a five year olds hopefulness. Grrr (to OH not her).

I'm feeling sorry for myself as I have relocated halfway across the country to the midlands knowing only OH and feeling lonely, but don't feel up to making Mummy friends, but don't really get to do loads of independent woman stuff as we have little one a lot. I really want step-daughter to make friends but don't want to be around people with little babies or pregnant so feel she's missing out cos of me.

I have told a couple of new friends were trying but am trying to be nonchalant about it, which is feeling more and more like a lie. Plus I have horrible acne and am putting on weight because my pill usually keeps the PCOS symptoms in check. Wow I am feeling sorry for myself, don't like this side of me. Hope others are doing better!
    Saving for a deposit. £5440 of £11000 saved so far:j
  • newthrift
    edited 3 October 2016 at 10:33PM
    Athens sounds like it would be worth a trip to the dr just to get checked out!
    Easily sorry things are rough at the moment, hope they pick up soon.

I'm feeling ok here re TTC, think DH is actually struggling more than me at the moment. Work is quite stressful so I will be glad of the break after tomorrow and it's at a good time with it being over OV, hopefully keep the stress away :)
  • newthrift
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD22 ButterflyBabe - 6DPO :cool:
    CD20 LittleMissGiggle - 6DPO :cool:
    CD25 firebird082 - 12DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? twigpig - Awaiting ov :o
    CD7 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD10 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD10 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD11 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD19 newthrift - Awaiting ov :o
    CD28 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD41 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD52 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD130 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD88 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Morning, thanks again for everyone being so kind about the baby bomb. I do feel much better now.

Sorry AF arrived Rachy, it really really doesn't get easier. each month it arrives I have this thought of
    'what if this time next month the same thing happens' and each month it does. its the fear of the unknown of how long this is going to take.

Athens, I think a visit to the GP would definitely answer some questions and put your mind at rest.

Easily, rows over TTC are rubbish. we've had a few over the last few months, they can help clear the air though. Can you get out every day for a short walk or something to clear your head? I walk my dog every morning and it does help me get my head straight. I am also going to try some fertility yoga each night..does anyone have any good links to any youtube videos?

new, I hope your break gives you some relaxing bd time and will result in a lovely BFP.

as for me, day 2 of AF so starting to think ahead. My mum, who I'm really close too has offered to loan me the money for a private fertility 'MOT'. I have batted the offer away for the last few months but I realised that whilst I'm only on month 8 of actively trying, I have been off the pill for 12 months now. I was also crap at taking it for about a year before that, in fact I was last prescribed it in 2014 and I still find packets lying around at home. So the fact I've not had even an accidental BFP in 2 years is worrying me a bit. I think the plan is to book it for January and try to completely forget about TTC until then. no tracking no testing no planned bd'ing. It sounds dramatic but I am really worrying about how I'm dealing with this mentally. Inside I feel like I'm suffocating and all I seem to say is 'I'm fine' I hate how I've let TTC dominate my life for the last 8 months. I start each cycle feeling positive and happy and full of optimism and then it all drains away. was chatting to a friend at work who said its not really OK to be so up and down and that's why I'm now keen to find out if anything is wrong.

sorry for the ramble, just needed to vent!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback