PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lamb for stew question Help!! Also rice help needed

I think I've made a bit of a mistake to help needed please.

Defrosted what I thought was a roasting joint of lamb, turns out to be a couple of shanks and some bits of lamb my lovely butcher gave me for a stew, don't know what but smells yummy!.

Anyway, left it out and DH has it in the oven roasting as we speak (why!!!)

So question is do I cook it , cool it and then put it in the slow cooker tomorrow with veg, it is nearly cooked I think.

Stop cooking and put it in the fridge and put it in scooker tomorrow (worried about food poisioning with semi cooked meat and then cooking again)

Cook it cool it and use it cold?

Any help appreciated :confused:

I've also got some left over cooked rice from dinner, it's in the fridge, can I turn it into a meal or is it too risky to use cooked rice?

Comments

• Jayar
    Jayar Posts: 735 Forumite
    I'd be very tempted to just leave it and see what it's like when cooking time is done. You never know, he may have come up with a new recipe ;)
    If it's not done enough you can always cook it some more tomorrow. I'm sure it will be ok though
    You can sure reuse cooked rice just so long as it's raised to a piping hot temperature.
    A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
  • siaoeh
    siaoeh Posts: 282
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sniff the rice and you can tell if its gone off. left over rice is perfect for fried rice actually, as its drier and gives a very good bite. gimme a shout if you want any recipes for fried rice. :beer:
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I would carry on cooking the meat, i dont think i would want to risk half cooked meat. Ive often made a stew out of left over sunday roast in my SC, so you shouldnt have any probs with the fully cooked meat.
    As siaoeh says, left over rice can be dodgy, unless you reheat it so that it is piping hot - again ive frozen rice/used left over rice before, just make sure its hot!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure