Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion

Options

Comments

• beaker141
    beaker141 Posts: 509 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 November 2016 at 5:27PM
    Options
    I checked at 2am,3am,5am,6am through the night and bought at 6:15 this morning 7 seats to PMI in August for £750 - by 10am when I checked again the same had increased to £1350 !

EDIT : at 16:26 they are now £1700 - but I expect that to reduce again in a few months when they start with various "Sales".

I did notice a glitch when I first saw them on sale, the select the date box wasnt showing the new months on sale, but if you picked the last available date, and then went to the 3 week view where I could scroll to the new months.
  • paddyeds
    Options
    7 nights in Alicante last year booked in April for August was £740 for 4 people, got flights for August for 4 for 8 nights on Thursday Morning at 7.00am for £520. by 3pm the same flights had jumped up to £830.
    thanks moneysavingexpert for the tip off, I feel It has saved me the approx £300 which will pay for the hire car.
    Nice one

Cheers
  • mustardtree6
    Options
    Easy Jet Price Promise.

Rather than having to check the Easyjet website daily to see if the price has dropped, is there an app or website that monitors the prices daily for you and then alerts you that the price has dropped? Thanks
  • Ann_Rimmer
    Options
    Martin are you aware of how much percentage wise these flights are increased. It's an absolute scandal within the space of 20 mins on flight release date at 7am our family of 19 people experienced the prices going up from between 22% and 43% within 15 to 20 minutes. One family booking at 6.57am secured flights then had server error logged straight back in flights had increased £300 in minutes. Also whilst entering personal details prior to making payment the price went up £200. I'm aware of the Dynamic Pricing policy Live system and everything but why does the price have to hike up at such a large percentage so quickly it's shameful. I've studied your tricks for a long time but I think it's time for you to seriously review them. Check easyJet's Facebook page regarding release dates a lot of unhappy people !! It's not a day of getting cheap flights they are reeling people in and taking advantage now and it's not acceptable. I've written to the Executive management team and CEO about this terrible process
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 November 2016 at 12:49PM
    Options
    Some may allege he may be in cahoots with 'em.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • merseybeans
    Options
    First time poster, so here it goes.

Tip No 5, Book when flights are released.

Whilst this is true and I have saved many a few hundred pounds by booking this way.
    Last year when I booked at release date, I did save on flights from Liverpool to Palma de Mallorca. There were 2 flights to choose from on release date. (one early morning and one late evening). However at a later date ( month before travel) one of our daughters decided to join us, so I went on the Easyjet website and low and behold there were 4 LPL/PMI flights including the 2 flights that were scheduled on the release date.
    That said the later released flights were cheaper than the 2 flights that were originally on sale on release day.
    I have no idea when these flights were added but can only imagine a few people got a bargain if they were searching for flights when they were added to their schedule.

My question is: has anybody else experienced this and does anybody know when they add them extra flights to their flight schedule?
  • Frank_Rowe
    Options
    My family and I are regular EasyJet flyers, so I was surprised at what happened to me when booking early flights for next summer 2017. I had booked the flights and entered my card details when a pop-up message informed me that the charge had increased by approximately £100. I was given a choice as to whether I wished to proceed at the increased charge or return to the start of the booking process. Fearful that the prices would further increase (which I checked and they did!), I paid the additional sum to secure the seats. Are EasyJet entitled to change the price in this way? In every other purchase situation I can think of, it would be absurd for the price to change once declared and card details taken - does anyone have a similar experience and are they within their rights? I have complained but to no avail.
  • Lincoln_Imp
    Lincoln_Imp Posts: 2,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am in the middle of a Twitter discussion with Easyjet over the same issue but they just keep giving me crap about their fare pricing policy
    Their FB page is full of people complaining about this

I entered in passenger and card details and clicked confirm then it flashed up with a price increase
    This is the first time it has happened to me (Fly twice a year for the last ten years)
    Frank_Rowe wrote: »
    My family and I are regular EasyJet flyers, so I was surprised at what happened to me when booking early flights for next summer 2017. I had booked the flights and entered my card details when a pop-up message informed me that the charge had increased by approximately £100. I was given a choice as to whether I wished to proceed at the increased charge or return to the start of the booking process. Fearful that the prices would further increase (which I checked and they did!), I paid the additional sum to secure the seats. Are EasyJet entitled to change the price in this way? In every other purchase situation I can think of, it would be absurd for the price to change once declared and card details taken - does anyone have a similar experience and are they within their rights? I have complained but to no avail.
    Have a nice day :)
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am in the middle of a Twitter discussion with Easyjet over the same issue but they just keep giving me crap about their fare pricing policy
    Their FB page is full of people complaining about this
    What are easyJet supposed to do? Sell off the whole plane at the cheapest fare when hundreds of people try to buy them at the first moment they are released? When the cheapest bucket is full it goes up to the next price, and so on - when dozens of people are buying, this of course happens much faster. Maybe this is happening more these days, when so many people are now aware of and waiting for that first release.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Lincoln_Imp
    Lincoln_Imp Posts: 2,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I fully understsnd what you are saying and there is no easy solution but when you click on a certain price and have entered in all you`re details you don`t expect the price to go up
    eDicky wrote: »
    What are easyJet supposed to do? Sell off the whole plane at the cheapest fare when hundreds of people try to buy them at the first moment they are released? When the cheapest bucket is full it goes up to the next price, and so on - when dozens of people are buying, this of course happens much faster. Maybe this is happening more these days, when so many people are now aware of and waiting for that first release.
    Have a nice day :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure