Prices for Howdens kitchen units

Options

Comments

• Ladybird20
    Options
    take a look at william ball showroom in Haydock it looked brilliant,,take a look,,, www.wball.co.uk think they do have other branches,,
  • Airwolf1
    Airwolf1 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MFI has a price beat policy for like for like kitchens.

Just take your quote to them.

The quality is better than Howdens.

:beer:

How do you work that one out? I used to work at Howdens and am just curious why you make this statement.
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
  • Airwolf1
    Options
    Li0nhead wrote: »
    depends where you are in the country. Wether true or not a few of us in the trade near here tend to find howdens too much.

That just local (west yorkshire) though, other branches might be cheaper.

But:

For instence i have use on occasion a local timber murchant who one howdens rep claimed to supply
    is cheaper than Howdens when we priced. against them.

The builders murchants we have an account with were the cheapest quote of all and still are on the current extension were on.

You need to take another quote into the branch and ask them to beat it. When I worked at Howdens, no-one beat us at all. My brother-in-law (South Yorks) now has an account at Howdens as he can't get stuff cheaper.
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
  • brett_conway
    Options
    I think the people are being bias in favor of Howdens kitchens. The specification of their kitchen cabinets is not that high, with a 6mm back in base units and only a 3mm back in wall units, these are quite similar to B&Q and other mass produced kitchen ranges. However the company i used to work for supplied their cabinets with 8mm backs in both base and wall. And the kitchens i supply my self now have an 18mm back in the bases and 8mm in the wall units and come in 14 different colours. Both the examples i gave are sent to customers rigid.

Now by no means do i think Howden kitchens are poor but not quite as fantastic as people are led to believe.
  • saveumcowboy
    Options
    Please note TRADE ONLY!!! :mad:

Most branches are TRADE ONLY not all :rolleyes:

My husband is a Howdens manager and they are trade only. Branches should not be selling to non trade.

I am also agreeing with the quality. Not just because my husband is a manager but because I now have a gorgeous kitchn that stays looking that way and is very sturdy. Price was great too:beer:
  • a_star_3
    Options
    One thing to be very aware of when dealing with Howdens, no matter how loyal a trade customer you are, they will always be crafty.

Take for example our last visit to them a few days ago. We went to our local branch, they had a sale on throughout all their branches... we had reserved a kitchen but could not pay before the sale offer ran out, when we went to collect the price had gone up 10%... thinking we spent a lot of money with them and are well known to the manager we had a chat... ended up agreeing to 5% off. I wasn't happy but had no choice.

Just yesterday I was passing a Howdens in another area of London. So went in and spoke to the sales guy about the same kitchen, asked prices... he said a sale was on but the price has gone up 10% but I will still give you that discounted price... A guy who has never before seen me gave me the 10% off price and the manager we know well ripped us for an extra 5%.

Point is... yes Howdens has exceptional quality.. but beware of greedy managers! :eek:
  • Howdens branches are given different targets! this will be dependant on the turnover and location of the branch, so the discount can vary, more so if their looking to achieve their monthly target.

I know this company inside out, a man I know once worked for them,

he's married to my daughter:D
  • CHIMPY2262
    Options
    I recently had a Howdens kitchen fitted and can confirm that the quality and service is second to none. I do have one slight problem I was hoping someone could help with. The handle on the built in oven door is rather large and bulky and I was hoping to replace it with a more flush fitting one. Does anybody know who manufactures their appliances as there are no makers names shown.
  • a_star_3
    Options
    Not 100% but may be Zanussi Electrolux... they have a lot of unbranded stuff.. but not sure..
  • Airwolf1
    Options
    a_star

As PL said, Howdens stores have different targets. If one store is behind on targets, they will less for a little less to try to hit their target figures. Also, try to get in there on a trade day, you'd probably get a lot more for your money but you have to pay on the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure