PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Quick Questions on ANYTHING Old Style 3 (See first post for links to other threads)

Comments

• Helen2k8
    Helen2k8 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Quark etc fine in terms of pasteurising, not sure about freezing! They'll be safe I reckon, perhaps just odd texture?

I would try the lasagne :)
  • Any tips on getting sticky tape marks off uPvc window frames. Have used white vinegar and cif. Neither have worked.
    These sticky bits may have been there since last Xmas! :eek:

Thanks

Lisa x
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Any tips on getting sticky tape marks off uPvc window frames. Have used white vinegar and cif. Neither have worked.
    These sticky bits may have been there since last Xmas! :eek:

Thanks

Lisa x

I'm sure I've read somewhere that WD40 works. I haven't tried it myself yet though - I will before we move out of this house though!
  • Thanks justamum x
  • Justamum
    Forumite
    Thanks justamum x

If you do try it I'd be interested to know how you get on. Apparently WD40 is like a miracle in a spray can judging by the list of things it can be used for :rotfl:
  • Ahh, it hasn't worked!

The sticky will have to stay for now!
  • Justamum
    Forumite
    Ahh, it hasn't worked!

The sticky will have to stay for now!

When I was a child plasters used to stick to skin much better than they do now (they seem to slip off as soon as they get wet these days). To get the sticky residue of skin my mum had a bottle of Zoff. No idea what was in it, but you can get these http://www.stjohnsupplies.co.uk/products/default.asp?productId=F11422 They might work, but are probably a bit expensive.

For some reason you can't get the liquid in the UK any more - but it's still available in Australia?! https://www.medshop.com.au/smith-nephew-zoff-adhesive-remover-liquid.html
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,936
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lakeland do a dedicated 'thing' for removing sticky marks, which is meant to be very good.

What are the sticky marks, sellotape or similar?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    A dab of mayonaise? the oil seeps into labels and takes them straight off usually. I'm surprised that WD40 didn't work, maybe you need to 'break' the glossy surface with the rough side of a sponge scourer first?
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • The sticky residue is Sellotape.

I am ignoring it for now! :rotfl:

Thanks for the replies

Lisa x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business