Very noisy diesel engine?

2»

Comments

• Or one thats had the DMF done. But any dealer looking round your car will spot the noise and ajust the value accordingly, cos we all know how much it could cost to do.

First thing to do is go to a Jag garage and get their opinion!! If they will do the whole thing under warranty then cool...!! The only thing you may have to cough up for is a clutch kit cos it'ds be worth doin the clutch while the gearbox is in pieces. But a clutch is about 70 quid.

If they wont do it on warranty, ask them to try for good will. They may come back with 50% offer.
  • gundo wrote: »
    Any chance that it'll be covered by Jag's warranty? It's still in warranty and all the servicing has been done by a Jag main dealer.

DMF failures look v. expensive to repair.

If it was the DMF, you'd know as the whole car would be shaking, it'd be a dog to change gear and would basically be undrivable.
    Conor
    Unstoppable.....
  • gundo
    gundo Posts: 249
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Or one thats had the DMF done. But any dealer looking round your car will spot the noise and ajust the value accordingly, cos we all know how much it could cost to do.

First thing to do is go to a Jag garage and get their opinion!! If they will do the whole thing under warranty then cool...!! The only thing you may have to cough up for is a clutch kit cos it'ds be worth doin the clutch while the gearbox is in pieces. But a clutch is about 70 quid.

If they wont do it on warranty, ask them to try for good will. They may come back with 50% offer.

Cheers HarveyB. Thanks for the excellent advice which I will follow up this week (once my ins cert arrives so I can tax it!).

If I can get the car running acceptably quiet and smoothly, I'd rather keep it as it does look rather lovely sat on my drive!
    Trying hard to be a good moneysaver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport