Who Do I Make A Complaint Against

Options

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jackmydad wrote: »
    If you're going to write anything to anyone official, try to keep it entirely to the point, and use proper sentences and paragraphs.

And learn to spell 'licence';)
  • Shaka_Zulu
    Shaka_Zulu Posts: 1,689 Forumite
    Options
    Yourself I would have thought for driving uninsured to the danger & expense of other decent road-users.

The OP made a mistake has paid the fine taken the points and is asking for some advice and you get all sanctimonious.

Why would you do that? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Have you led a pure and blameless life that gives you the right to cast the first stone?
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Have you got any earlier points on your licence, or is it just the six for no insurance?
  • Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kitkat5000 wrote: »
    I've had my license nearly 4 years but I'm not sure you read my post at all, that information isn't relevant.

It would be very relevant if you'd had it less than 2yrs. I did read yours and found no answer to that point.
    I am not a cat (But my friend is)
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Alter_ego wrote: »
    It would be very relevant if you'd had it less than 2yrs. I did read yours and found no answer to that point.

And I can see why you asked ... if it was less than 2 years then it would have made the disqualification point relevant. :)
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    And I can see why you asked ... if it was less than 2 years then it would have made the disqualification point relevant. :)

Why? They don't disqualify for six points.
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why? They don't disqualify for six points.
    6 points in the first 2 years of driving results in the licence being cancelled.

https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/new-drivers
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,030 Forumite
    Options
    This is true, but the DVLA write to you to inform you of a revocation under the new drivers rules. You do not have to attend court.
    You do have to attend court if you face disqualification under the totting rule. This means you cannot accept a fixed penalty that takes your points total beyond 11.
    Reads to me as if they are trying to apply the 6 points twice- they must think that the fixed penalty was refused and are prosecuting for the original offence, and counting the 6 points from the fixed penalty.

If the summons is re-issued, or not cancelled, go over to pepipoo dot com and post there for good advice.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    angrycrow wrote: »
    6 points in the first 2 years of driving results in the licence being cancelled.

https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/new-drivers

But you're not disqualified.
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,030 Forumite
    Options
    But you're not disqualified.

Yes, I should have added this.

A court disqualifies you, and it is instant- you cannot even drive home.

The DVLA will automatically revoke your licence under the new driver's rules, when you pass 5 points in the probationary 2 years, and you can merrily drive until they write and tell you that it is revoked (and even then there is a 5 day notice period).
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure