Ready to do it all over again ...

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Trip to the tip and the beach done, it was beautiful down there today and the dog had a good run around :)

Another load of washing is in, we've had lunch, I've cleaned the drawer in the washing machine, so I'm getting my way through that list, in fact I've already done everything I'd planned to do today from the list, so plenty of time still to get some more ticked off :D

I've got a few more surveys in my inbox that I need to get done too.
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    Would love to get on and do stuff but DS2 has been on nights and is in bed. Don't want to make too much noise as he is working again tonight. Raring to go on hoovering and packing some Xmas decs away. Think I will just pop to the shops for abit of window shopping then do my jobs later. Love how clean the house looks when all Xmas decs away.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • benbenandme
    A few surveys done, a nice bath and then I remembered I changed the bedding this morning, so an early night with the laptop, I thought I'd spend some time reading some other diaries on the mfw board :)
  • Smart_Mart
    Smart_Mart Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Lurking again in the new thread!!

Happy New Year to you and DS. 13 already? Good grief.....:eek:
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,544 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi BenBen great news on the flat and finding a new place congratualation. Great to see you back on the MFW nice to see old timers here back from the original MFI3. Love your lists and how organised you are keep up the good work.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• benbenandme
    Morning all, ds has had his haircut and I've booked to have mine done tomorrow lunchtime. Other than that it has been a lazy morning, I had a bad nights sleep as I had tummyache and couldn't settle.

Today I want to get the general housework done and cancel the old mobile. Then there shouldn't be too much left on my list to do :)
  • benbenandme
    We've had another nice walk along the beach with the dog today, dinner is in the slow cooker (gammon), with potatoes and carrots etc all peeled ready to cook later. I'm pottering about a bit although the place doesn't seem to be getting any tidier. Time to update the list I think:
    [STRIKE]Ds haircut[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Recycle xmas tree[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Xmas decs boxed up[/STRIKE] DONE
    Email documents to solicitor
    Ds thankyou letters
    Fix bike
    [STRIKE]Cancel old mobile contract[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Make an inventory of the freezer[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Make an inventory of the food cupboards[/STRIKE] DONE
    Ebay any suitable items
    [STRIKE]Change all bedding[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clear all junk to the tip[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clean drawer in washing machine[/STRIKE] DONE
    Dejunk wooden drawers in lounge
    Research storage costs
    [STRIKE]Update calendar[/STRIKE] DONE
    Sort MOT
    [STRIKE]Find fitbit, chargee it and use it[/STRIKE] DONE
    Take outdoor potted xmas tree to Mums garden
    Arrange to take Mum to see new house
    [STRIKE]Dejunk all paperwork[/STRIKE] DONE
    Gut shoe cupboard
  • Hi Benben - wow, I used to follow your diary years ago on the dfw board. Nice to see you here, I'll subscribe! I also can't believe your ds is 13!
    March 2016 - £178,914.59; July 2017 £146,160.38
    Mortgage end Sept 2043; Target - pay off by March 2022, now Sept 2021
    Target balance July 2018 £112,560
  • benbenandme
    Hello Madcatgirl :hello:

Yesterday was payday so I have moved monies around where they need to be and have put some into the savings pot for 2017, I'm aiming to move £500 across each month at the start of the month and then top it up during the month with other bits and pieces that come along.

I have moved this months £500 across and also a further £200 as I got some expenses back that I'd forgotten were due :T so that's £700 in the pot already ;) I also just completed a survey that took me to payout so a £10 Sainsburys voucher ordered too. I will either save them up for a big shop when I move or I may save them all year towards the Christmas shop.

Today I want to potter this morning, I'm having my haircut at 12:15 and then an afternoon of vegging on the sofa watching Soccer Saturday then tonight we're going to a friends house for New Year :D

I will do a final money update once I've had my hair done so I can see exactly where I'm starting the new year from :)
  • benbenandme
    Just realised I missed a few bits from my SOA; my Spotify subscription is £9.99 a month, I treated myself to a Bose speaker with birthday money last year so I'm still loving being able to listen to all sorts of music I haven't heard for years. Ds also has joined scouts so there will be monthly costs for that too, although I need to check what they are. I'd put my wages figure in wrongly too, so I don't have quite so much spare income as first thought, but hopefully I'll manage :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family