My Diary v3.0

Comments

• Very first Christmas present bought - Grp.on voucher for £12.99 off, making total cost £5.99 including delivery... and 10pence cashback has tracked as well! BARGAIN!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • T0lun4 target for today = 50,000 points. Balance = 49,656 but there is 1800 to be added from a survey ... so still on target!

Bargain xmas present been despatched. YAY

Fleabay item sold over the weekend, so will be off to the PO later!

Read through OH's CC ppi letter last night - although we only got it through the post about 10 days ago, it is dated 2nd October and we spoke to them on the 9th, essentially completing the questionnaire over the phone. Have instructed OH to call them with this info and ask them to look through the info they have and re-assess their decision (which was based on NO info!!). Also, I noticed that they have linked the claim to a total of 3 CC's!! So that could be good!
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    T0lun4 target for today = 51,000 points. Balance = 51,456

Need to check the OH has spoken to the CC people about the ppi. I bet he hasn't!! lol!

Weather looks to get a bit pants here over the next few days. At least it hasn't been cold, saving money on heating! :O)
  • natsplatnat
    Forumite
    Afternoon All!

Wasn't it wet and windy last night!? YUCK!

I have decided in the name of all things spreadsheet to create a sheet for my xmas expenditure this year. I usually run a list of who and what I have bought, but in the interest of all things money savvy, I have decided to track price of the item compared to what I pay (including discount codes etc) and also any cashback.

Second xmas item ordered today. So far I have spent £16.97 and saved £19.00 plus about 70p in cashback. This spreadsheet could be quite interesting by the time the shopping is done!

Not checked T0lun4 yet today, but I would expect to be about 350 points behind schedule.

On a more positive note I have been paid for house-sitting - so that is £150 extra in my bank account!!
  • natsplatnat
    Forumite
    It is the eve before payday! YAY!

OH managed to speak to the CC company - it seems that the letter saying "no as we have no info" crossed with the phone call to get the info and the claim is still live! And they confirmed the link to 2 other cards! Fingers crossed.

Had a horrible dream last night where I had bought a euro lottery ticket for a Friday, but managed to check it off against a Tuesday draw. They only all matched didn't they!!? But couldn't claim as the day was wrong for the ticket! Actually - that wasn't a dream.. that was a nightmare! lol
    Right, I am off home - will be back tomorrow with a banking update! Betcha can't wait! x
  • Half day today! YAY! Off in about 15 mins! :O)

Have checked online banking and moved some 'spare' over to earn some interest. Bank accounts all tally with my spredsheet and the £6.84 from Q.co has arrived and duly been paid off the CC. Looking forward, I might start putting any cashback into the interest earning account. Every little earns a little more! ;O)
    Off to London with OH and 2 friends for the weekend (staying tomorrow night) - have converted clubcard vouchers to cover most of the cost of the train, we all have Oyster cards, so that's OK and the hotel and music event were all paid for in advance. Aim is to have a great time with minimal expenditure!!

Have a great weekend all! Nats xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Forumite
    I'm back! Did you miss me? lol
    London was great - if a little on the chilly side! Expenditure wasn't too bad - just need to send OH over some money to cover it!
    Running a bit behind schedule with my T0lun4 points - but have a couple of survey points pending so not too worried. O.Poll up a little too, so all good really.
    Need to get my head down and start present shopping. The first of my presents arrived yesterday and I am quite pleased with it. Hope the recipient approves!
    Right, I am off home - catch you all when you are older! x
  • natsplatnat
    Forumite
    Another 2 xmas presents bought today - spend of £8.04, saving of £10.26, including free postage. I am quite liking this... so far!

Still about 4,000 points behind on T0lun4 - I will catch up though! I will make my payout target before xmas!

Off to have a look over O.Poll!! :)
  • natsplatnat
    Forumite
    Ha ha! Forgot to mention - if I don't bring my lunch in, I pop to our local T3sc0 express and pick something up! They like letting their self-service tills run low on change so I invariably get my change in 1ps, 2ps and 5ps - which all go home and straight into my 'cupcake' shaped change pot! It is building up quite nicely!! lol
  • natsplatnat
    Forumite
    5th xmas present bought just now... spreadsheet updated. Saved half the rrp of the present price = happy Nats.

T0lun4 points up a bit, about 2,000 behind now, so not too shabby! I plan to use some time at work on Sat to get back on track! lol ;O)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback