Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    OH has had brain scan and they have found abnormalities. He is to have body scan then biopsy. Knew this wasn't just depression. Am trying to stay positive. He is so fed up. Drs say what they've found would explain the way he has been just lately.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • So sorry to hear your news. Keeping fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Take care x
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    So sorry its not all okay

((Hugs)) Take care x
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Sorry to hear yor news, hope you have an answer to his condition soon,is he still in hospital.

Hugs to you all.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Hello Sun xxxx

Well, at least the docs are taking it all seriously now.

We are all here routing for you. Fingers crossed for no more bad news. and then some good news.

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Awww SA so sorry you are going through this but glad they think they know what it is. Have they given any indication as to what it might be? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Thank you - you are all so lovely

OH has had full body scan today - results have come back with small clots on the lung which are now being dispersed with warfarin. They are still looking into brain thing. He is still very sleepy and fed up but eating and drinking well.

Feel a little more settled now but still very apprehensive. Every day seems to bring a different element. Have managed to eat a half decent meal tonight for the first time since all this began. Have lost 5lbs - I know I wanted to lose a bit but not this way.

DD has been told by GP that the medication she takes for epilepsy could damage baby and it there is chance of disabilities. She is considering termination. Told her to do whatever she feels is best. Ideally if she wants baby it needs to be planned around reduction of dosage.

Really missing OH especially at night. Dog has taken over his side of the bed and I've been keeping TV on all night. Sat here on a Saturday night all on my own and hating it. However DD is upstairs so not totally on my own. Hoping to get a better night's sleep tonight. Was fast asleep last night when OH rang at midnight to say he'd been moved to a different ward. Struggled to drop off again after that.
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Oh SA if i lived closer i would come and give you a hug. You really have had it thrown at you lately. Sorry to hear about DD whatever she decides it will be the best for her. Dogs are lovely to keep you company at night have plenty of snuggles off yours.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Hi SA,

I would imagine you have gone up to bed, with the dog. hope you are watching the Fantastic Four as a distraction and not lying in the dark thinking.

Things are pretty rough then eh. I can't really say anything to be honest, glad you have the dog. I am here, thinking about you and hoping you, OH and your daughter are hanging on and praying for good news.

Love Buffy xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Hi all

He is no better today still sleeping a lot. He was awake when I first got to the hospital but after about a hour he was back asleep. I asked nurse when he would start to feel better and he said it would be a few days yet. They are pumping him with vitamins as well as medication. Doctors will be seeing him tomorrow so we should know more then.

I had a lot better night's sleep last night. Didn't watch film Buffy watched Come Fly With Me on GOLD and I couldn't help but laugh a bit as it's so funny.

I've had a busy day today - took dog on park, caught bus to Mr T's for a few things we've run out of, did a bit of gardening (me gardening is a joke I never garden), did some ironing, went to hospital, came back and took dog out again and now I'm cooking soup for work lunches this week. All being well I'm going back to work tomorrow. Might as well while he's in hospital and I feel I need some normality. I may need some time off when he comes home. Fed up of catching buses - I don't drive and I'm stuck. Two buses to hospital and two back. Taxi fare is £15 each way and can't afford that every day!

Have a weird depressed feeling and I hate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport