Purple Parking goes into administration.

2»

Comments

• I had no idea they had gone into administration, I didn't receive an email or anything (searched my email and checked my spam but there is nothing).

I only found out because I just phoned them to see if it will be ok for me to turn up and hour early for my parking at the beginning of December and to say I couldn't seem to view my booking on their website.

They said that they had gone into administration which is why I couldn't view my booking online but that my booking would not be effected, they couldn't however change bookings from before they went into administration but turning up and hour prior would be fine.
  • I booked parking at the HIGHWAYMAN Cardiff via Purple Parking in Oct, and today they told that PP has gone bust and Holiday Extras had taken over. Contacted HE but although they told us that they would honour the booking, the HIGHWAYMAN were adamant that our booking was not valid because they haven't been paid (fair enough). I got involved in on-line chat and phone calls with both parties - Holiday Extra insisting booking is valid and HIGHWAYMAN insisting it is not. Eventually had a voice mail from HE confirming my booking is lost and advising me to try and get my money back from the credit card co. What a shambles!!!! Haven't tried to reclaim yet but doubt I'll get it back.
  • Just spoke to them and HE are saying they are honouring bookings paid for prior to the administration date of 2 December, however they are unable to change any car details from those originally entered so if like me you need to change the registration number leave a bit of extra time as you have to do this via the intercom system at the barrier.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    MairOC wrote: »
    I booked parking at the HIGHWAYMAN Cardiff via Purple Parking in Oct, and today they told that PP has gone bust and Holiday Extras had taken over. Contacted HE but although they told us that they would honour the booking, the HIGHWAYMAN were adamant that our booking was not valid because they haven't been paid (fair enough). I got involved in on-line chat and phone calls with both parties - Holiday Extra insisting booking is valid and HIGHWAYMAN insisting it is not. Eventually had a voice mail from HE confirming my booking is lost and advising me to try and get my money back from the credit card co. What a shambles!!!! Haven't tried to reclaim yet but doubt I'll get it back.

Oh dear, I hope you manage to get this sorted
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Like many others I have a long standing booking at Heathrow PP on Boxing Day Evening.
    Holiday Extras have been less than convincing telling me to turn up and all will be fine.I like other have changed my vehicle and will turn up with the new vehicle.Holiday Extras confirm my £145 booking is in the old PP system which they can access - so why can't they send me an email from their system confirming all will be ok ?
    Holiday Extras must have 1000s like me - a simple confirmation would reassure.
  • Purple Parking still sending emails out even though they have gone bust !

Holiday Extras who bought them do nothing to reassure customers
  • I made a booking with Purple Parking in October for two weeks parking at Edinburgh Airport in December. I wasn't aware that the company had gone into administration and hadn't received any information about the changes in ownership.

On trying to leave the car park on Dec. 31st my ticket didn't let me out. I pressed the intercom button and was told that since Purple Parking had gone into administration my booking would not be recognised. I was asked to pay £170 at first, compared to the £51.99 paid for the original booking. After a bit of haggling (very difficult via the intercom) I managed to get it down to £72.

When I got home I saw that the Purple Parking website was still trading. They were also still sending advertising emails to me, but nothing on any change in ownership. I called them and was told bookings before early November, when Holiday Extras took over, were not being honoured and that I should contact my card provider. I booked with a debit card to avoid a booking fee and have contact Lloyds banking to see what they can do.

I'd be interested if anyone has ideas about other possible routes for a refund.

I am annoyed that I wasn't informed by the new owners before travelling. My Gmail promotions folder shows seven promotional emails sent to me since the Holiday Extras Acquisition!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure