The Compers Inn (part 47)

Comments

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning,hope everyone is well and had a good weekend. It's been raining here non stop since sunday and still going now.I have been busy at work but had 2 wins yesterday. Another Hobgobling t-shirt that's 5 in total..lol. We have one each in here and started giving to family now. Neices hubby said he liked them so he will get this one. Also had a surprise in the post a pirate book from Primary times am sure nephew will enjoy that one. I am in and out all day driving DS and GF to work and hobby shops. Ihave a Dr's appointment later to try and sort my shoulders out as they are aching and grinding when i change gear. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :j well done on the wins indie :j
    hope Doc can sort out the painful shoulders ((hugs))

lol Alfie, I was up about 4am couldn't get back to sleep so
    thought might as well get up & things done,
    i'll prolly fall asleep this afternoon now!
    hope the sun stays out for your day planter07.gif
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lo Firefly at your early morning. Not good when you can't get back to sleep. At least you have done some things. Hope you have a nap this afternoon.

Well done Indie on wins. The children love the look Wins. Hope Doctor can do something for you.

Well have to admit not too much progress with ironing yesterday. I just gave up and sat down. Will have a go again today. However I don't know if it was reading about Rose's cooking I did cook a reasonable meal with only a little help from DH. Try catch up with ironing again today.

Wingo hope your DD2 is better.

Enjoy being out in the garden Alfie. I might venture into ours today.

Good luck everyone.
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    th?id=OIP.Y3YptHmi46zdGfajjNq1FwEfDZ&pid=15.1&P=0&w=201&h=153

Good morning all, wet again here today. Off to Witherpoons later for lunch as its DH's birthday tomorrow and Sons on Thursday.

Hope you get a good something done about your shoulder when you go to Doctors Indie. I need to go about my hip as it is beginning to cause me grief now. Well done on the wins.

Sounds like you are making some progress leanfun, you just have to take it day by day until you are fully back to strength. I will make any excuse to stop ironing.

Have a lovely day everyone and thanks firefly and Alfie for the lovely pics, they all make my day.

I have the same problem with family Rose, have to go and rummage in their cupboards for my things.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    I haven't had a win from the GfK TV survey draw in some months, which is unusual. Just a fiver for the in depth media survey I did. That went on a Tesco voucher, which was pretty useful.

I will have to make comments like that more often, I didn't win any of the £1, £2 or £5 prizes but I have won a £25 Ovations voucher in their Points Prize Draw.
    Going to put this on printable Tesco gift cards for all those little things I can't get at Aldi or Heron Foods - Yorkshire Gold/Yorkshire Decaff Tea, Crackerbread, ginger nut biscuits, Black Forest Ham and strong bread flour atm.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone. Late in today but it is deliberate. Resisted switching on pooter so that I could get some things done lol. Weather dry and warm here but by the looks of the sky now it wont last. So have got bed stripped and sheets duvet cover etc hung out. Nearly dry so just about to bring them in. Also made a start on tubs and hanging baskets. Just about to make my lunch and have a cuppa so may get some comping done as well. Indie I can feel your pain. Hopefully you don't have to go as far as me and have a replacement joint. That grinding feeling is horrible. I had painkillers physio etc before they decided to do op. Hope everyone is well or better. Take care peeps.
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nice win today, just up my street E: 07/04 Mag Daily Win Fiskars iconic scissors & £50 Hobby Craft voucher x 8 have thanks Cornish. So pleased with it.

Well done on your win Mcc very useful for bit and bats you can't get elsewhere as you say.

I got some plants today that need planting too Rose.

Hope you have all had a lovely day.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • fire**fly
    good evening all :wave:
    thanks leanfun, managed to doze off earlier this afternoon :)
    well done managing to get the meal,
    these things all take time ((hugs))
    I wish they would invent a robot for
    everyone to do ironing & it was free :D
    10637021796_a06097186f.jpg

hope you all had a lovely time at
    wetherspoons sylv mange12.gif x

well done on the £25 Ovations voucher mculloch :T

sounds like you've been busy again rose :A
    hope you managed to get some comps in x

hope everyone's having a lovely evening tchintchin.gif
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    :j great win sylv well done :j:j

• rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Nice win sylvia well done. Lovely evening here so neighbour and I went out for a walk. Didn't even need a cardi. This afternoon wasn't great. It rained for a while but all gone now and brilliant sunshine and blue sky. I don't mind ironing now ff as I only have my own. when son was here it was about three changes a day. Washing machine was on every day and ironing was endless. Even when he joined the navy and had his own flat he would do washing and I did ironing. But I refused to do his navy uniforms as they had to be done a certain way. He still does his own uniforms now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure